What's new

The Terminal List (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I can’t say I’m surprised there’s no thread on this series, because IMHO, this is a boring show. For all the deaths and shoot ‘em ups, it’s somewhat boring because it’s poorly done. I also find it to be morally bankrupt. Our hero, played by Chris Pratt kills in cold blood. Sure, his wife and daughter were murdered, but I don’t find myself sympathizing with his character.

I watched 3 or 4 episodes just to find what would happen next and gave up when I realized it was the assassination of the week show. Yuchh! IMHO. On Amazon.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The reviews have been mostly horrendous for the show. I'm only two episodes in, but so far I've enjoyed it; found it engrossing.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine, who knows I am usually up for action genre programming gave it a modest recommendation. I may take a stab at it soon. (See what you did, Robert? :) )

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Finished episode one earlier this morning. It was serviceable. I enjoyed the potential unreliable narrator aspect of Chris Pratt's character through a good portion of the first episode. This eventually resolves itself by the end of the episode.

I noticed that Antoine Fuqua directed the first episode. I haven't checked IMDB to see if he directs anymore of the series or not. I find Fuqua to be a competent action director and the first episode felt well choreographed in that aspect. Some of Chris Pratt's acting felt a bit 'off' but not enough to take me out of the episode.

Curious to see where it goes, and how deep down the rabbit hole the conspiracy aspects of the plot run. I'll probably see it through.

- Walter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've been tempted to pick up the book that I've seen in stores recently, but reading the book in advance often ruins a film/TV adaptation for me as all I see are the changes that have been made. I'm hoping to watch this then maybe pick up the book later if the story seems interesting. The book is almost always better.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
I have read the first 3 books in this series before I watched this and I enjoyed it along with the Mrs who likes this genre of thriller and action movies. Planning to binge it again next weekend on our summer vacation.

The book is definitely better with more background and a longer list that I thought added a bit more motivation behind Reece's actions. And to that ultimate twist at the end.😁

Aussie

Auditioning
Real Name
Damian Szigeti
I enjoyed the show ... but I'll have to admit the premise was "standard fare." Kill my military buddies (which I thought was enough to warrant revenge) ... kill my family (over the top) ... and then get revenge on everyone. So ... OK ... but not as good as would have hoped. 4K picture and sound was good.:)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
It's overlong, like a lot of streaming shows and the picture quality is abysmal. This has to be the worst 4K UHD HDR show I've ever seen.

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
I found it very entertaining. I binged every episode, one right after the other, in one day the weekend it dropped.

Not as good as Reacher when it comes to adaptations of action novels, as that one was truly excellent, but I enjoyed the time spent on Terminal List and look forward to more seasons. Sounds like that might happen as there are more books?

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We made it through this but agree it was kind of plodding and not really engaging. I'd probably watch a second season, but it would be a low priority behind other shows.

I would also agree that I didn't care much for the dim/murky/soft look of the production.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks