What's new

The Terminal 11/23 in a 1- and 2-disc editions! (1 Viewer)

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
I'll be going for the 3-disc, even though I already own the score. The featurettes (especially the music one) on the second disc convinced me to buy it.

Any idea how they'll package this?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

It's not just Dreamworks. If you look at the industry as a whole, it appears the MSRP of $29.95 has been set for all new major films being released on dvd for the first time with or without extras. Most of these were high budget films released to theaters in 2004. IMO, it's an attempt to recover as much of their production cost as possible, especially for those films that didn't do as well as expected in the theaters like "The Terminal".

As far as the extra $10.00 for the extras, that's purely a marketing tool to enhance purchases from those that want the extras. I'm pretty sure their marketing data has shown that a large majority of dvd buyers don't even watch the extra material, therefore, to those that do, let's charge them for it.

The cost of buying recently released films on dvd is quite high compared to buying catelogue titles that are released on dvd. One of the reasons is the associated productions costs of those catelogue films have long disappeared off the books. Anyhow, it kind of stinks, but that's the way of the dvd market, at least as of today. Many of us should be able to find the barebones for around $15.99 at B&M stores. The LE will be around $23.99 give or take a dollar or two. Personally, I like this film, but it's not high on my priority list to purchase.

Crawdaddy

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator

It's a slipcover with the pic you see on Amazon, on both the front and back. Inside that is a cardboard fold-out holder with the other design on the front (Tom Hanks looking to the side) and a list of features on the back. This unfolds, just like -- for example -- the Simpsons box sets or the Master and Commander collecter's edition. It holds both DVDs and the soundtrack CD as well.

--K

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

The pricing of both dvds is higher than I expected. The lowest price I can see for the barebones dvd is $17.99 and 27.99 for the LE. Again, I like the film, but not enough to purchase either dvd at their current price, therefore, I'm going to wait to see if there is any price reduction in the future.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks