What's new

Pre-Order The Tarzan Vault Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
315162_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Another very cool release by Film Detective coming soon. I gotta tell ya, I'm knocked out by these guys. Since the merger with Cinedigm, it seems that the flood gates are opening wide!! Good on ya Film Detective, I say keep on rockin'!!!!
One question on the release, since the last of the triolgy is 1935, does that make Bruce Bennet the 1st talking Tarzan?

Last edited:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
no, I'd forgotten how early Johnny dropped into the picture, thanks! So I guess Bennet is the forgotton Tarzan, LOL!!!

I think Bennet is the first sound era Tarzan who spoke intelligently as an educated English lord would. I thought maybe THAT'S what you meant as I don't think "that" version of Tarzan was generally seen until much later.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I think Bennet is the first sound era Tarzan who spoke intelligently as an educated English lord would. I thought maybe THAT'S what you meant as I don't think "that" version of Tarzan was generally seen until much later.
Yeah....Really, THAT'S what I ment to say....Yeah!!! Thanks Will!!
Excited Lets Go GIF by Film Riot

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The running time given at the Amazon link is 6 hours, 28 minutes. I would think it is the complete serial (which I have never seen). I've never seen the silent versions either.
I've seen the Elmo Lincoln slients but really poor PD versions...I'd love to see some TLC given to these!!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Good for Film Detective, hopefully the transfers are in a lot better shape than that Holmes set.

To be honest, I almost fell out of the chair reading the thread title, and thought this was a Warner Archive announcement, like the first 6 Weissmuller films, in a 3 disc collection, guess I will still be waiting.

Elmo Lincoln- both silents in an "Official" release, never saw that one coming.

as for the Brix film, hell yes I want all 12 chapters, full runtime, and the two cobbled films from it as well!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The Tarzan Vault Collection

The Famous Jungle Hero Swings Into Three Epic Adventures

On Special-Edition Blu-ray & DVD, Aug. 23rd

Restored From Original, 35mm Archival Elements

LOS ANGELES — Aug. 1, 2022 — For Immediate Release:
Cinedigm announced today that The Film Detective (TFD), the classic film restoration and streaming company, will release The Tarzan Vault Collection, featuring Tarzan of the Apes (1918), The Adventures of Tarzan (1921) and The New Adventures of Tarzan II (the complete version of the 1935 film serial) on special edition Blu-ray and DVD, Aug. 23.

Edgar Rice Burroughs' hero has thrilled movie audiences since the days of the silent screen. Tarzan of the Apes, with the brawny Elmo Lincoln in the leading role, introduced the character to movie audiences and told the traditional tale of how the orphaned heir to the Greystoke fortune became lord of the jungle. Lincoln was so impressive in the role that he returned three years later in Adventures of Tarzan, this time to rescue his beloved Jane from the clutches of the evil Queen La.

By 1935, the public was still fascinated by the nobleman who apes had raised, now played by Herman Brix (aka Bruce Bennet) in The New Adventures of Tarzan, Brix, a star shot putter at the 1928 Olympics, needed all of his muscle to portray Tarzan in this tale of missing jewels and explosives powerful enough to destroy the world.

Here is your chance to sit back and enjoy a Tarzan trilogy guaranteed to leave you spellbound!

Coming to Blu-ray and DVD, The Tarzan Vault Collection is a highly anticipated special-edition release from TFD, presented from original 35mm archival elements.

BONUS FEATURES:
Full-color booklet insert includes three original essays by authors Don Stradley and Jennifer Churchill; original featurette, Drawn to the Jungle: The Early History of Tarzan in Comics, by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures; full-length commentary track for The Adventures of Tarzan and The New Adventures of Tarzan II by award-winning journalist/historian, Ed Hulse; original feature production, Swinging into Action: The Early Adventures of Tarzan on Film by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures; and Law of the Jungle: The Cinematic Adventures of Herman Brix, a preserved interview with the film star, aka Bruce Bennett.

The Tarzan Vault Collection will be available on Blu-ray ($38.95) and DVD ($24.95) August 23. Fans can reserve a copy now by pre-ordering at: https://www.thefilmdetective.com/tarzan

About The Film Detective:

The Film Detective (TFD) is Cinedigm’s one-stop time machine for classic film and television, showcasing remastered prints and distributing to leading platforms like Turner Classics Movies, NBC, EPIX, Pluto TV, Amazon, PBS and more. Available as a VOD app on the web, Android, iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV, TFD’s 3,000+ hours of westerns, horror, film noirs, pre-codes and cult classics are also available live with a 24/7 linear channel through Sling TV, STIRR, Plex, Local Now, Rakuten TV and DistroTV. For more information, visit www.thefilmdetective.com

About Cinedigm:

For more than 20 years, Cinedigm has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains hundreds of millions of consumers around the globe by providing premium content, streaming channels and technology services to the world's largest media, technology and retail companies.

The Tarzan Vault Collection

The Film Detective

Discs: 3

Genre: Action/Adventure

Original Release: 1918/1921/1935 (B&W)

Runtime: 388 Minutes

Not Rated

Language: English

Subtitles: English/Spanish

Release Date: August 23, 2022 (Pre-order Now)

SRP: $38.95 (Blu-ray) / $24.95 (DVD)

Catalog #: FB1023 (Blu-ray) / FD1023 (DVD)

UPC Code: #760137105121 (Blu-ray) / #760137105138 (DVD)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
The 1st episode of Fractured Flickers parodied 1918's Tarzan Of The Apes as Tarfoot Of The Apes. It's one of the few flickers were the voice overs matched the on screen actors mouths.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Great release from Film Detective. The original 1918 was originally a much longer film - 10 reels according to IMDb, later cut to 8. Surviving at 73 minutes, but calculated at what running speed?

The M-G-M release of Napoleon (1928), which we have found is not fully M-G-M, is 8 reels, running 75 minutes at 24 fps. Closer to 90 at 20.

I’m presuming Tarzan was shot at 16, and designed to be projected slightly faster. It will be interesting to see this set.

I’m also seeing no info as to a score, but possibly I missed something.

Source of the elements?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Historically speaking, I would find it interesting and a nice addition to any collection, but for me, MY Tazan is Weismuller. Starting with the 1932 MGM release of Tarzan the Ape Man, for me this was the one I grew up with and loved. The 2 volume WB releases on dvd were fine, but Where is the BD restored versions? WB also owns the Lex Baxter/Jock MaHoney/mike Henry series as well. I'd love to see the Weismuller titles done first, of course, but for now I'm just asking...

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Glad to hear that Ed Hulse is doing a commentary track on the 1935 serial. He knows that serial from top to bottom. Its history, its backstory, the whole works, like no one else. It should be pretty fascinating. The serial itself might seem a bit creaky at first blush, but it really is an awesome and entertaining artifact. I admit I wasn't too crazy about it the first time I saw it (being teethed as I was on Weissmuller films), but when I went back to it for second and third viewings, I came to thoroughly appreciate it. A grand adventure, with amazing backdrops. So it will be marvelous, upgrading this one, and having the Elmo Lincoln stuff as well. I pre-ordered this sucker several weeks back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks