The Tarzan Collection....

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DonnyD, Jun 8, 2004.

1. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I just can't wait to get my hands on the collection of Johnny Weismuller in the original Tarzan movies... The thought of owning these takes me back to the mid to late 50's when my brothers and I would gather on a saturday afternoon and watch our favorite jungle man while slurping some ice cream floats.....Talk about "time travel"..... All the episodes in this collection are great and the one I really want to watch is Tarzan And His Mate..... I've actually seen the uncut, uncensored edition on cable several years ago so I know it is "very revealing" expecially for its time....1934....Jane was truly a dish!

2. KathyBeck

KathyBeck Stunt Coordinator

Just got this set today myself. Watching it right now...and I feel like I'm a kid again!

3. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston

True... but they used a body double for the underwater scene.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

If you guys focus this discussion on the vintage Tarzan movies, the thread can stay here. But if you'd like to discuss the DVD releases as well and mix it up a bit, I can move the thing over to the Software/Film area.

5. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

OMG...!!! Small bubble burst.... I remember thinking that the lady in the nude scenes had a bigger bu.. that Maureen O'Sullivan seemed to have elsewhere..

Thanks, I didn't realize that but should have known...