The Target $5.99 deal...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Maskeeper, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I know this has been mentioned in David Lambert's weekly round-up over the past few weeks, but thought I would really encourage HTF members to make a trip by Target and check it out...

There are several good titles, and excellent discs available- many which I paid $20 for just a short while ago...

I picked up CREEPSHOW, which isn't an amazing film- but a personal cult classic from my youth. For $5.99, the disc is anamorphic and surprisingly good; and for some reason at the register it scanned at $4.99! Bonus!

In addition, I saw several titles I already own, like:

PEE WEES BIG ADVENTURE (with commentary by Tim Burton & Paul Reubens along with an isolated score/commentary from Danny Elfman!)- anamorphic and 5.1 to boot!

SUICIDE KINGS (with commentary by director Peter O'Fallon along with some interesting "alternate endings" that were shot for test audiences. From a film making perspective, and excellent disc that [inadvertently] reveals quite a bit about the modern studio approach to film making)- anamorphic and 5.1!

I would suggest stopping by your local Target and seeing what they have in their $5.99 section. Some discs there might be borderline- but most are anamorphic and about the same price as a rental! Heck, even SECOND SPIN will buy Pee-Wee from you for $6 used if you realized you don't want it, so you could break even!

-Vince

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Didn't realize Pee Wee's BA was now so cheap, will have to squeeze in a trip to Target soon.

3. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Or if you aren't in a hurry and want to avoid sales tax (except in IL), DeepDiscountDVD.com has PEE WEE and CREEPSHOW for $5.88 shipped.

4. Stephen L

Stephen L Second Unit

Thanks for the info on PeeWee [​IMG] ,I'll be looking for it this weekend. Last week I p/u Tombstone for $14.44 there.

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Note that selection DOES vary by store. PeeWee and Creepshow are NOT at my local Target, though they are at one across town.

There are a LOT of non-OAR titles in the selection, too. Maid To Order (Ally Sheedy) comes to mind. Be careful!

6. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

They had Fortress (for 5.99 at our Target, but it was fullscreen...HTF finished coverting me to WS, no icky FS DVDs! [​IMG] Even for $6 I wouldn't do it [​IMG]

7. StevenJ

StevenJ Stunt Coordinator

Creepshow for $5.99?!?!? HOLY CRAP! [​IMG] That is awesome!
    Hopefully it's still going on, checking it out tomorrow.

8. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

Vince Thanks for the alert.

I got PWBA and dangerous liasons for 5.99 each.
    Ialso found Mr. deeds marked for $12.99 with a coupon for $5.00 off Big Daddy (or a choice of a couple of other DVDs) So I got big daddy for $9.44

$34.41 for four DVDs not a bad trip.

9. John Stockton

John Stockton Second Unit

Apparently this $5.99 deal does not apply to all areas. I went to my local Target last night and they had never heard of Pee Wee being for that low of a price. The Salesman even pulled out their latest ads and there was no mention of Pee Wee in there.

10. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Does the Pee-Wee come with anatomically correct Pee-Wee doll? [​IMG]

11. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    very interesting....
    I just got back from Wal-Mart and they had a $5 bin with all those titles mentioned.

plus I got Hard to Kill and Feeling Minnesota

12. Brian G

Brian G Extra

Received my order[PWBA,CS] from DDD today, great deal either way @ Wally World or DDD.