1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tall Guy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChristopherM, Jan 4, 2002.

1. ChristopherM

ChristopherM Stunt Coordinator

For anyone who's interested, Amazon is listing the "The Tall Guy" for release on 19 March 2002.

I've been looking out for this movie on DVD since I bought a player. Does anyone know any further details? A widescreen transfer alone would be reason enough to buy this, but a commentary by Mel Smith (with or without Jeff Goldblum, Emma Thompson, Rowan Atkinson and/or Richard Curtis) would be the icing on the cake.

For anyone who's not seen "The Tall Guy", this is a genuinely funny comedy, not to mention a precusor to writer Richard Curtis' "Four Weddings..." and "Notting Hill" (the big difference being that in each of those two movies a diffident Englishman falls for a self-confident American Woman, whereas in The Tall Guy a diffident American man falls for a self-confident Englishwoman).

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Christopher, thanks for the heads-up. I love this movie! However, you forgot the most important thing about it - mainly, Emma Thompson gets naked! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz Second Unit

Cool! In another thread, I had just posted The Tall Guy as one of the movies I want to be released on DVD. Thanks for the info.

4. ChristopherM

ChristopherM Stunt Coordinator

According to DVD File, the disc will feature an anamorphic transfer, Dolby 2.0 surround track and the trailer.

Oh well, a few extras would have been nice, but the film's the thing and so I'll quite happily settle for a "bare bones" widescreen transfer.