What's new

The Swarm (not the movie) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
This morning while mowing my yard I was attacked by a well-armed militia of yellow-jacket wasps. They were lying in wait in the ground, just ready to pounce on me when I walked by. When I realized what was going on, I dropped everything and bolted for the house, shutting door after door behind me until I was safely in the master bath and stripping my clothes. One of those buggers even got me square in the ass, and I found him in my shorts. About 6 followed me into the house, but I had 'em trapped in the kitchen and killed 'em. Overall, I got about 20 stings. Good thing I'm not allergic, and I haven't been stung in about 16 years. Sitting here a few hours later, my legs still hurt! I'm always hesitant about using gasoline in my yard, but this morning was an exception. I doused that hole and relished it. For future reference, anyone out there know of something more environmentally-friendly I could use on the nest if this ever happens again?

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
20 stings! I am alergic, and probably wouldnt have bothered to get to the bathroom, I would have headed straight for a phone to dial 911.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
It was probably more than 20, I got that far and quit counting. Those yellow-jackets got me good. I've no swelling, no reaction at all except a lingering pain in my calves, where they attacked the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks