The Superman DVD Collection - Complete?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sam R. Aucoin, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Sam R. Aucoin

Sam R. Aucoin Stunt Coordinator

According to the IMDB, it seems the directors/producers/television stations have taken quite a few liberties with interchanging scenes between I and II, deleting scenes, etc., thereby either making the movie longer or shorter (depending on the source you watch).
    The new special edition of I runs 151 minutes.
    In 1994, an ABC affiliate in California ran a version of I that was 188 minutes long.
    Question: Do the restorations and deleted scenes on the special edition DVDs for I and II contain all 188 minutes that were shown in 1994, or is there still some footage that has never made it to home video?
    Thanks for responding.
    Regards,
    Sam

2. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    you only see the 8 extra minutes in the movie itself.. and two deleted scenes with Luthor and the gang. The aligators scene with otis feeding, and the end scene where Superman comes to the rescue of miss. techmacher.
    For me the movie works just fine with the extra 8 minutes..
    The tv version was not Richard Donner's cut. It was the salkinds who made the long version for tv. the 151 minute version is the director's cut of Superman.
    JACOB
    ------------------
    The #1 Unoffcial Site Of Sarah Douglas
    www.sarah-douglas.com
    Please vote for the uncut version of Conan The Destroyer on dvd
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/002724.html

3. Ryan_M_M

Ryan_M_M Stunt Coordinator