What's new

The 'Superhero Movies' Thread (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I thought that since the SALT treaties there was no nuclear testing.

edit - I see that I was wrong about that. SALT seems to have only touched on weapons, not testing.

edit 2 - I was right about US ending testing, from the DOEs website on the Nevada Test range
Since the nuclear weapons testing moratorium in 1992 and under the direction of the Department of Energy (DOE), test site use has diversified into many other programs such as hazardous chemical spill testing, emergency response training, conventional weapons testing, and waste management and environmental technology studies.
And that testing was below ground as it was. It's been some time since above ground tests were done on US soil.

edit 3 - since I was digging around anyway. The last surface test at the NTS (Nevada Test Site) was July 17, 1962. Source: DOE PDF of document listing historical data of all nuclear testing. The document specifically noted under the listing for this test that it was the last surface test at the NTS.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Norm, I didn't look at SALT in detail, but SALT 2 didn't make any mention regarding testing, only weapons proliferation. I thought they dealt with all things nuclear, but SALT was only for weapons it seems.
There has been a seperate push for an official ban on all nuclear testing. Remember, wasn't it France that did a South Pacific test, or was it India? Just a few years ago it seems.
Anyway, me earlier post which is now edited with the info I found at the DOE. It's amazing what is published online (though it's a good use of the internet for freedom of info act)
For anyone interested:
DOE Nevada docs
I looked at the top one.

Richard WWW

Stunt Coordinator
Hulk and Spiderman are both mutants, except to comic book purists. Purists should keep in mind that many people are interested in superhero movies that do not understand the difference between 'mutants' and 'meta-humans' (I think that's the distinction that Marvel uses). Spider-man and Hulk both have genetically mutated DNA, and as such can legitimately considered mutants by anyone who chooses to do so.

Just don't go overboard on the fanboy-purist stuff, ok? Cause when you have a normal guy get changed by a dose of radiation into a green, half-ton wrecking machine, people who are not well-versed in Marvel Comics lore are going to say he's a mutant. Get used to it, unless you want to start a 'fanboys only' thread.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
2002-06-19-inside-daredevil.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/life/enter/movies/2002/2002-06-19-daredevil.htm

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I guess Marvel only cares about the bottom line.
Well, they are in debt :)
I am having trouble working up an interest in Daredevil, though. I'm not a purist but I am very picky and it doesn't look they're going in the right direction to me. But I say that about every Ben Affleck movie :)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I saw the teaser on EXTRA and it was great. :)
Yahoo movies says it FOX might be looking at a R-rating for it. :)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Patrick Stewart Reveals X2 Secrets

Friday, October 25, 2002 2:13 CDT

The Toronto Sun also recently got to attend the X2 sets and they got some more quotes from co-producer Lauren Schuller Donner and star Patrick Stewart. Here's two clips...

Question marks can be boiled down to, 'Which characters are in this one?' and 'What's the plot?' To the first, there's a major subplot regarding Nightcrawler (Alan Cumming), the odd blue mutant with teleportation powers, plus a lot more of Iceman (Shawn Ashmore). Despite rumours, you won't see fan favourite The Beast. "If there was a fan vote, he'd be in," says co-producer Lauren Schuller Donner, "everybody wants him. When we do a Beast story (in X3, presumably), it'll be a big one."

Stewart is the loosest-lipped of the cast ("What are they going to do, fire him?" Hu says). He confirms four Sentinels in X2, adding, "The peril is a good deal higher in this movie. (Stryker) is a really really bad guy. He makes Magneto look like one of us. You'll see the four cyborgs, three characters from the comic book, and another character who only has a number, who has an impact on Xavier's story because he's an ex-pupil."

Beast in X3 and Sentinels in X2? This Friday is getting better and better.

I sure hope they do the Sentinels right!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks