What's new

The SunTwo speaker contruction page (1 Viewer)

Ellen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ellen
Pat,
Thanks for another excellent speaker building documentary! One question for you, did you use Adire's Resgraph to plot your response and impedance measurements? Also, what kinda finish are you going to put on these babies? Did you ever put a finish on the Sun Ones and Center of the Sun?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thanks!
Yes, I did use the ResGraph from Adire. I imported the frd and zma files from my drivers measured in the baffle, and then used ResGraph to plot the responses.
I have red oak veneer that I will use on the side panels once I get the XO just right. The rear panel will be painted black (most likely), and the front will have hammered metal spray paint, either in metallic blue or green.
And no, I haven't put a finish on the SunOnes or the Center of the Sun (since I'm going to replace the tweeter on the center channel, and am not done with either one's XO).
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; DIY Mains ; DIY CC ; Sunosub I + II + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, hopefully this will be my final XO tweak. Here's the ResGraph version of the current XO's frequency response .
This required just playing around with the L-pad resistors to get what I thought sounded "as right" as possible for the combination of drivers and the enclosure design.
Anyhow, the tweeter sounds more balanced w/r/t the midwoofer output, and the rising tweeter output I used to have is but a distant memory.
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; DIY Mains ; DIY CC ; Sunosub I + II + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed

Julian Data

Second Unit
PSun:
That FR looks very good. :)
Good job. How would you rate your experiences in tuning the XO?
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks