The Suicide Squad (2021)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
A sneak peak at The Suicide Squad and a rundown of who is playing who.

I was mixed to negative on the first one, but I’m confident that James Gunn is going to do something interesting and entertaining with this.

Reactions: ponset

Ejanss

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
A sneak peak at The Suicide Squad and a rundown of who is playing who.
I was mixed to negative on the first one, but I’m confident that James Gunn is going to do something interesting and entertaining with this.
IOW, only Harley and Boomer are coming back among a slew of new DC unknowns, since they were the only survivors of the first movie audiences liked.
And we can assume this is the natural outgrowth of the first movie slapping "Bohemian Rhapsody" on their trailers after Batman v. Superman flopped, in the hopes we'd all think James Gunn had directed it.

Just to correct the thread title, the movie is clearly "THE Suicide Squad", no number.
It's the new thing in Hollywood now, the 'The' Reboot--When you can't legally say it's a linear "sequel", since it isn't and you're just do-over rebooting the whole mess from scratch, hence the legally different grammatical article, but you need the franchise name to draw the pre-sold audiences from the first movies.
Just like "The Predator", "The Final Destination", "The Wolverine", and, appropriately enough, "The Batman".

(The Fast & the Furious, OTOH, had to take its articles off for their mid-franchise reboot, and give us "Fast & Furious".)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
HBO Max has ordered "Peacemaker," a spinoff of James Gunn's movie surrounding John Cena's character. Gunn will write all eight episodes of the first season and direct "a number of them."

It is unclear how this project will fit around Gunn's obligations to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, which is to be his next film after completing The Suicide Squad.

Last edited:

ponset

Supporting Actor
Real Name
scott
John Ostrander the creator of the SS comic has a cameo in the new movie,
He is the guy in the lab coat with the white hair.

JohnO.jpg

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manishatbneha