What's new

The Subwoofer Integration Thread (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Been traveling again but back home now, hopefully for awhile. Any new developments? GIK Acoustics sent me a bunch of great training material to evaluate on their site but I haven't had time to dig in just yet. I'll probably go ahead and order the MiniDSP 2x4HD but I'm also looking forward to adding some bass traps in the not-too-distant future.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, I will be posting, in another thread, an extensive review of my new SVS SB-16 Ultras. After I set them up and did the initial calibration (which I posed about here) I realized they were benefiting from some break-in time. Since then I've just been really enjoying them and giving them a thorough workout and critical listening before I write up something and hang up the analysis.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I wanted to update on the dual SVS SB-16 Ultras. I definitely intended to have a full review posted long before now. After I got them installed and did the initial calibrations, I settled into enjoying them for a while. I noticed them improving by the day. Equipment break-in is a controversial topic, but there was no doubt that their response was getting more refined as I used them. Plus, to be honest, I don't have A/C and in the summer it gets hot, even in the basement HT. Testing gear makes me sweat anyway, and when it comes down to just turning on a fan and enjoying the system, or sweating while I test stuff... well you can guess where my preference is. I've just been enjoying the new subs too much to get my geek on and do a bunch more testing. I keep thinking "maybe this weekend." Well, it's 8:30 on Sunday night, so no, not this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks