The Stunt Man: This is gonna rock!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Bendiksen, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Looks great. And Bad Taste comes out the same day!
    ------------------
    He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
    -- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

3. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

A director's commentary with O'Toole, Railsback, and Hershey!! YEEEEEESSSSSS!! This is my most anticipated release of the year [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
    --Bernie Faulkner

4. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    Woo hoo! I've wanted to see this movie again for a long time. Haven't seen it since the theatrical run!

5. Jeff Krispow

Jeff Krispow Stunt Coordinator

Just as an FYI for everyone out there, DVDFile's information needs one addition and one correction. These come directly from Anchor Bay's website, so I assume they are 100% correct...
    First off, in addition to all the other awesome extras, there's also a "Original Production and Advertising Art" section featuring posters, stills, etc. This is something completely different from the other "Still Galleries" extra on the disc.
    The correction comes in the form of the retail price. The single-disc editions of "The Stunt Man" and "The Sinister Saga..." both retail for only $19.95. (DVDFile listed "The Stunt Man " as being $24.95.) The 2-disc limited edition containing both discs is still $34.95.
    Jeff
    ------------------
    Jeff Krispow
    Former Reviewer
    http://www.laserrot.com
    [email protected]

6. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

Never saw this. Should I try and rent it on video first or buy it sight unseen. I don't like taking chances too much, as you can get burned.
    I lucked out with SHIRI a couple years ago.
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

7. Dave Hahn

Dave Hahn Second Unit

Dave Hahn
    Like Jeff, this is easily my most anticipated release of the year, a year that includes the very special Director's Cut of Star Trek, The Motion Picture and the movie I consider the best ever made, The Godfather.
    Why am I so excited about Anchor Bay's release of The Stuntman? While I look forward to seeing Robert Wise's new cut of Star Trek, TMP, and will thoroughly enjoy owning and watching The Godfather et al, I've never seen The Sinister Saga of The Making of the Stuntman. I've heard so much about this documentary I really can't wait to see it.
    Of course, there's also The Stuntman, IMHO the best dark comedy of all time. If it weren't for the fact that O'Toole was up against De Niro, (who won for his betrayal of Jake La Motta in Raging Bull), he would have easily won an Oscar for his performance.
    ------------------
    "When you call me that, smile!"
    My DVD Collection

8. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I'll beleive this when I see it. The Stunt Man was supposed to come out years ago.
    ------------------
    These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

9. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

Modified from my original sarcastic response to Larry's post...
    Anyway, I'm also looking forward to getting this disc.
    [Edited last by Anthony Thorne on September 22, 2001 at 02:38 AM]

10. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

Larry,
    This IS happening. You'll need to watch Sinister Saga to get the full history. The movie sat on the shelf for several years at Fox before it was given a theatrical release because Rush showed it at film festivals and it was getting much kudos. Fox announced a LD SE many many moons ago but it never showed up. Rush recently regained the rights to the film away from Fox and took it to Anchor Bay.
    Cheers.
    http://www.thestuntman.com/doc_side/doc_making_of.htm
    ------------------
    I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
    --Bernie Faulkner
    [Edited last by Jeff Swindoll on September 22, 2001 at 09:07 AM]