What's new

The Stunt Man: A Great Movie or Just a Mind-boggling jigsaw puzzle? (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I didn't see a thread about this great, wonderful movie, so I thought that I would start one...

"The Stunt Man" is a great movie, has become one of my all-time favorites. It is such a different movie. Everything about it is great. The performances are astounding, especially from the leads (Peter O'Toole, Steve Railsback, and Barbara Hershey), the direction by Richard Rush is steller, the music by Dominic Frontiere is so perfect that it fits right into the tone of the picture, and the film's ending is pitch-perfect. It is so many things, and it succeeds at everything it sets out to do.

So what does everyone else think about "The Stunt Man"? Do you think it is a great movie, or is it too mind-boggling for its own good?

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Bought this on a blind buy and somewhat regretted it...the film is so loopy and hard to classify that I'm not sure I really connected with it. Peter O'Toole's performance in it is great though...

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I think it is a fantastic film with wonderful performances from all of the leads! Although it takes a somewhat different path to get there, I think The Player owes a debt of gratitude to The Stunt Man. The underlying theme (about Hollywood) is very similar, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks