The Strokes Import CD - Where and how much?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey Noel, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

I really want this CD but don't want to pay the >$25 for it at Amazon.com. So, does anyone know where I can purchase it for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

2. LawrenceK

LawrenceK Stunt Coordinator

I got mine for the regular price of a cd at Borders Books & Music, but it was the only copy and I haven't seen it there since. Might want to check there though.

3. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

If you are looking for "NYC Cops", buy the domestic CD, and then import the UK version of the Hard To Explain single, backed with "NYC Cops." You can pick up the single from some place like www.action-records.co.uk for about four pounds. That way you will get the track they replaced it with, When it Started, as well.
    I caught their show here in Houston the other night...oh man...it's been a while since I've seen a show that was that damn good with a crowd that was just as excited as me.

4. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

I ordered mine from Siren Disc
    They have the Australian import version with NYC cops for 17.99. They have a lot of import singles too and really good shipping rates. A flat shipping fee per order even if it results in many shipments.
    They are in CA and they ship really fast too.

5. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Check your local independent music store. I picked up the import for ~$19. Some Tower Records stores also have a small import section separated from the usual Rock/Pop section.

6. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

Come on guys...admit it...you just want it for the "sexy" cover photo of the naked girls' bum...side view ! Oh, I get it...The "STROKES"...naked bum..."STROKES" !

For the serious money they've been selling it for, you can get better! But then they have to sell it in Wal-Mart and Tar-shuhay (English pronunciation from the original French is...."Target")

Try Golden Earring's "Moontan" for starters and then go for the import issue of "Electric Ladyland" by Jimi Hendrix Experience if you're looking for some real frontal nudity...

at least with Jimi you had some serious choices and exceptional music inside.

7. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Well, I just bought it off of eBay for $17.99+2.00 s&h. It's brand new and the Australian/UK version. Not a bad deal. Thanks for the replies though! [​IMG]