What's new

The Streets of San Francisco... (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The second season of The Streets of San Francisco is being released on Region 2 in the UK in four weeks time on Monday 14th September (the same day as the second season of The Untouchables and the sixth season of Hawaii Five-O). Like with the first season on Region 2 both volumes are being released in one DVD box. I've bought the first season recently and should be getting it in the post sometimes this week. Looking forward to seeing it as I had to return back the Region 1 set for the first season as the packaging was damaged. It'll be alright with the Region 2 set as the DVD box will be plastic.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have S1-S2 on dvd. I would like to see the remaining season released. This was a classic show. I watch Bullitt on the weekend and that only spike my interest to wanting more of the Streets of San Francisco.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I received my S4 (V1/V2) yesterday, but the set was damage. The dvd holder has snapped causing the disk to rub against each other, which could lead to scratching. I contacted Amazon.ca and they sent me a new set, which i received today. I have return the defective copies to amazon.
I have watched a few episodes, including the episode with Paul Sorvino (NY Cop) and Don Gordon (Bullitt). The episode was amazing. I have the "STREETS) up there as one of my favorite police drama!!
I have pre-order S5. which means i can strike off the STREETS as another police drama that i have completed on dvd!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I watch an episode with the lovely Stefanie Powers as wife of a convict. She was amazing in her role along with her incredible beauty!!

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I just watched the 3rd season episode Mask of Death with John Davidson. This episode freaked my brother and I out when it was aired. It still gives me chills. That homicida,l female impersonator character was unforgettable, it desires a full length movie. During the 1970's the three networks released a number of made-for-tv movies. This could have been one of the greats.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I just started watching this series, switching off between this and MANNIX. I barely remember it as a child but my parents liked it. My dad referred to it simply as STREETS. I have watched the pilot and the first three episodes. Terrific stuff. Wish the seasons weren't split. Makes it a pain to buy and store. But loving the show.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Carabimero said:
I just started watching this series, switching off between this and MANNIX. I barely remember it as a child but my parents liked it. My dad referred to it simply as STREETS. I have watched the pilot and the first three episodes. Terrific stuff. Wish the seasons weren't split. Makes it a pain to buy and store. But loving the show.
I found this show a few years ago, as a blind buy, because I was a huge Michael Douglas fan and had never seen the show before. Needless to say, I love this show simply for the wonderful chemistry between Douglas and Malden, and the great guest stars, as well as the nice location filming.
I'm a huge MANNIX fan as well, and am eager to complete that series, which is one of my top 5 favorites. Welcome aboard to both shows, Alan, you have plenty of great viewing ahead of you!
BTW, if you enjoy STREETS and MANNIX, I also recommend CANNON and the original HAWAII FIVE-O. These shows pretty much defined the crime drama/detective genre for the 70s, and are true classics.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Thanks for the welcome, Jeff*H.
I just picked up the first two seasons of CANNON. Am holding off on HAWAII FIVE-O because I am also watching COMBAT and THE LIEUTENANT. But watched two STREETS episodes last night, particularly enjoying guest star William Windom's sweet portrayal of a good-hearted married man caught in the whirlpool of a tease. I particularly enjoy seeing all the guest stars on the QM Productions like STREETS who also appeared in my all-time favorite show THE FUGITIVE. Based on the episodes I have seen, I am going to pick up seasons two, three and four of STREETS.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Carabimero said:
Thanks for the welcome, Jeff*H.
I just picked up the first two seasons of CANNON. Am holding off on HAWAII FIVE-O because I am also watching COMBAT and THE LIEUTENANT. But watched two STREETS episodes last night, particularly enjoying guest star William Windom's sweet portrayal of a good-hearted married man caught in the whirlpool of a tease. I particularly enjoy seeing all the guest stars on the QM Productions like STREETS who also appeared in my all-time favorite show THE FUGITIVE. Based on the episodes I have seen, I am going to pick up seasons two, three and four of STREETS.
I watched a couple of episodes of the STREETS last night from S4. I am looking forward to S5 coming out at the end of October as this will mean another classic police drama has been released.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
One good thing about being so late getting into series like STREETS and MANNIX is that I don't have to wait so long to get complete sets. I know it was years between seasons 2 and 3 of STREETS and I think MANNIX sets have been coming out for years as well, but now both STREETS and MANNIX are about to be finished. Looks like I got on board just in time, not that I will get to the final seasons of either series any time soon :)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I love that too Alan, coming late to a 'new' series that's already been available to fans for a long time, like it was for me with Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea or Hawaii Five-O now all there finished ready to go and dig into.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I am finding that I am splitting my time between STREETS and MANNIX and enjoying both for different reasons. Started STREETS disc three of season one part one last night and watched the second episode on that disc with my lunch today. On paper Malden and Douglas doesn't seem to work but on screen they are dynamite. In this episode today Malden breaks his ankle because he was with a green rookie, not Douglas, and it was so apparent when the two separated that their chemistry makes the show.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Here's a look at the upcoming Season 5 DVD artwork (I don't think anyone has posted this yet)...
[ATTACHMENT=392]spen177904d.jpg (90k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I just bought season three parts 1 and 2 today...the only thing I don't like about this show is these blasted split season sets.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I just finished the fourth season of The Streets of San Francisco.
Find my favourite ones.
[—SEASON 4 • VOLUME 1—TOP LIST]
1. POISONED SNOW
2. THE GLASS DART BOARD
3. NO PLACE TO HIDE
4. SCHOOL OF FEAR
5. DEADLY SILENCE
6. MURDER BY PROXY
7. TRAIL OF TERROR
8. DEAD AIR
9. THE CAT’S PAW
[POINTS OF INTEREST]
1. For the performance of Clu Gulagher and his character of diehard Narc officer whose son dies because of his will to poison the heroin supply and William Hale’s film-making
2. For the two problematic characters: the kook blackmailer sniper firing at corporate buildings and the freshly promoted iron bureaucrat Captain of the police that breeds complications to the field police
3. Good for the performance of Chris Robinson as weird enforcer Jack Constantine
4. A variation of the blackboard jungle theme, the character of the old teacher kidnapping hood students and chain them to a classroom from a closed down high school turns into a prison-high school
5. For the study on Mike Stone’s loss of hearing
6. The theme of corporate greed and for Bradford Dillman’s ruthless executive performance
7. For James Woods’ performance as an unbridled sailor-hood, the runaway chained Keller and Mellon characters that remind Joseph Losey's Figures in the Landscape
8. For the performance of Larry Hagman and the theme of the ruthless radio man
9. The second personal episode focused on Mike Stone and the theme of ambiguous love at work
[—SEASON 4 • VOLUME 2—TOP LIST]
1. SPOOKS FOR SALE
2. POLICE BUFF
3. THE HONORABLE PROFESSION
4. JUDGMENT DAY
5. SUPERSTAR
[POINTS OF INTEREST]
1. The theme of illegal surveillance executed by former CIA agents working for their own private company and the good cast of characters
2. For Bill Bixby’s performance as a failure cop, the theme of the viligante motorcycle cop culled Ted Post’s Magnum Force and Keller working undercover as a gangster
3. The runaway character of the charlatan doctor living a double life
4. The character of the avenging lawyer son killing the judges who destroy the life of his father
5. For Paul Sorvino’s performance as the street-smart New York cop and the fish out of the water (the pilot for the series Bert D’Angelo/Superstar)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I am just starting disc 4 in S1 V1. So far my favorite episodes are the one with William Windom and the one about the newspaper salesman who gets robbed. Looking forward to watching more episodes...

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Carabimero said:
I am just starting disc 4 in S1 V1. So far my favorite episodes are the one with William Windom and the one about the newspaper salesman who gets robbed. Looking forward to watching more episodes...
Actor William Windom appears in many STREETS. Tell me the episode title or the synopsis.
The robbed newspaper salesman is the season 1 episode entitled IN THE MIDST OF STRANGERS which is a very good entry.
Find the file:
IN THE MIDST OF STRANGERS
writer DEL REISMAN
director ROBERT DOUGLAS
composer PAT WILLIAMS
with guest stars DAVID WAYNE, LOUIS LATHAM, RAMON BIERI, ROBERT FOXWORTH as DENNIS HAILEY
co-starring RICHARD EASTHAM as JULES RHINELANDER, JOHNNIE COLLINS III as LOWELL ALLENCAMP, IVAN BONAR as HAROLD SPRING

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Thanks, John.
I just this moment finished the first episode on S1V1 D4 about the thieving gypsies. Quite good.
There are only three series I know the episode titles to for every episode by heart: THE FUGITIVE (1960s), STAR TREK TOS, and THE TWILIGHT ZONE (1960s).

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Find my selection of favourite episodes for season 1.
[Top list for season 1, volume 1]
THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO (pilot)
THE FIRST DAY OF FOREVER
FORTY-FIVE MINUTES FROM HOME
TOWER BEYOND TRAGEDY
HALL OF MIRRORS
TIMELOCK
IN THE MIDST OF STRANGERS
THE BULLET
BITTER WINE
[Top list for season 1, volume 2]
ACT OF DUTY
THE SET-UP
A COLLECTION OF EAGLES
A ROOM WITH A VIEW
TRAIL OF THE SERPENT
THE ALBATROSS

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Carabimero said:
Thanks, John.
I just this moment finished the first episode on S1V1 D4 about the thieving gypsies. Quite good.
There are only three series I know the episode titles to for every episode by heart: THE FUGITIVE (1960s), STAR TREK TOS, and THE TWILIGHT ZONE (1960s).
It's…
THE YEAR OF THE LOCUSTS
writer THEODORE J. FLICKER
director ARTHUR NADEL
with guest stars GEORGE VOSKOVEC, MICHAEL ANSARA, CHRISTOPHER STONE
co-starring PENNY SANTON as MA FERGUSON, JOHN ROPER as JERRY FERGUSON, RITA LYNN as BONNIE LEWIS, PHILIP AHN as MR. WU

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks