The Stratton Story?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brandon_D, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Brandon_D

Brandon_D Stunt Coordinator

I Love Jimmy Stewert and June Allyson in this heartwarming movie. It needs a DVD Release!

2. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I second the motion!!

I remember watching this countless times as a child and absolutely loving and saw it again last year for the first time in a long time and loved it every bit as much. Who own's this one? If it's WB, I wish someone would have asked about it during the chat.

3. BryanV

BryanV Stunt Coordinator

Well this may sound really really strange, but about 12 years ago I decided that I wanted to own every single movie that Jim Stewart ever was in on video.

So I third the motion and while your at it, I would love to see Magic Town and Call Northside 777.

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

"Strategic Air Command" is another Jimmy Stewert and June Allyson film I'd love to get on DVD.

5. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

That's not so strange. I wanted to do the same thing about six years after you! I was able to supplement my purchases with viewings on TCM and AMC (back when AMC was still good). Like Bogart, I would eventually buy anything with Jimmy Stewart.

Besides the ones listed here, how about No Highway in the Sky and Fools' Parade? Lesser titles, to be sure, but still worth a spin.

6. RafaelPires

RafaelPires Second Unit

I'd vote for Born to Dance, an early Jimmy Stewart vehicle starring the lovely Eleanor Powell. By the way, The Stratton Story would be a must buy. There was a great chemistry between Jimmy and June.