What's new

The Strange Case of My Little Pony (1 Viewer)

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
At www.tvshowsondvd.com you can read the details about the upcoming first season set of My Little Pony, one of those shows I never expected to see on DVD. The interesting thing is that they are releasing 50 episodes (and two specials) in this set for the same price as Rhino's usual sets for shows like Transformers, G.I. Joe, and JEM, which thus far haven't had more than 26-28 episodes.

This is especially odd as the second season of G.I. Joe has less total episodes than this set, yet Rhino is putting that out in two parts (though for a lower price per set than usual, in their defense). Is this a sign of a new policy or did Rhino just figure that the target audiences were different? As a cartoon fan, I would love it if 50 half-hour episodes per set became the new standard.

I'll probably be buying this set, as it is from the 1980s, the ponies are darn cute, and I am female.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, the original release was going to be Part 1 (with 25 episodes), but that was changed to include the entire first season. So perhaps they ARE changing their policy. :)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
These aren't half-hour episodes. The stories, as I recall, were told in segments of about 10 minutes each. (The half-hours were filled out with other cartoons that aren't on this set, from what I can see from the listing.) So the 50 short episodes add up to the equivalent of about 22 or so half-hours.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Jaime, I think you're right! Now that I look at the release, it does say that the 50 episodes run 650 minutes in all. It would also explain the huge number of episodes on each disc. Ah well, so much for my hopes of a new 50 episode standard release for cartoons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks