What's new

The Stones - In Their Biggest Concert Ever!!!! (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
...Or so I've heard...

Anyone else going to this concert, being held in Downsview Park, in the lovely city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada?

Some pretty respectable names gonna be there: The Rolling Stones (duh), AC/DC, The Rush, The Isley Bros, The Flaming Lips, Justin Timberlake (I'll cover my ears for sure during his performance), etc....

soo????

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I was at the SkyDome last month to see Barenaked Ladies, Tragically Hip etc. but I don't think I'll venture back to see the Stones. 475,000 tickets have been sold I hear. :eek:

Hopefully the sound is better there than it was at the 'Dome! ;)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Well it's being held at the same place where 800,000 people gathered for World Youth Day 2002... It's actually a SARS relief concert, as Toronto's been having a hard time with tourists because of it. Doubt we'll have 800,000 people for this concert tho...

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Downsview is just a few blocks away from where I live. It's going to be a ZOO around here on the day of the concert. I don't even want to know what traffic's going to be like on my way home from work!

I'd go to the concert if I was interested. Sadly, I can't say that live performances really do much for me, unless it's a band that I really want to see. Although I appreciate the Rolling Stones, AC/DC, etc, they don't occupy a lot of space on my CD rack, if you know what I mean. :)

I'm also wondering how half a million raging scraming people are going to get along in those confined quarters. This may be the same location that World Youth day was held, but this definately is NOT the same crowd!

Moe.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Sure am going YEP!

Although NOT for the Stones or AC-DC, but for Rush, and The Guess WHo!!

Well worth the $21.50 CANADIAN for all those bands!!

We figure we'll leave a few songs in to the Stones so we can beat the rush!

Brent

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
The owner of Idomo must be scared sh*tless hoping that last years's "overflow" doesn't occur this year.

I would go, but I have no desire to encurr the crush of all those people on the TTC and the possiblity of standing in a large field/latrine.

Plus my allergies would kill me with all that "grass" in the air.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
The Stones are still alive??? ;)

I'm a big Stones fan, but I think they should have packed it in after Tattoo You.

That said, enjoy the show everyone, some good bands are on that ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks