The Stone Roses remastered (finally!)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason_H, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

Any Roses fans here? I know personally that discovering their self-titled album a few years back was like stumbling upon a wonderful secret. I have listened to it countless times since then.

I just got my copy of The Very Best of the Stone Roses (out in the UK only so far) in the mail today. I have been waiting to hear material from their classic self-titled remastered for a long time...the CD version that has been out for ten years sounds terrible since it was mixed for vinyl. The best of has 80% of the first album on it, the best moments from Second Coming, and their great non-album singles. The remastering sounds just wonderful...I HIGHLY recommend this to any Roses fan, it is like listening to these songs for the first time again!

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

how much is on the cd that is not on the 2 cd releases?

its awful they were screwed by their label and not able to record or play for all those years

3. Piers C

Piers C Stunt Coordinator

Jason,

Thanks for posting this & your impressions of this release. Have you found any reviews of this? I can't find anything on the audio quality, aside from your comments. Anyone?

thanks