What's new

The Sting Documentary "Bring on the Night" (1 Viewer)

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
After reading the Michael Apted article/interview over at The Digital Bits, http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...interview.html, I felt compelled to ask about the status of this gem. I have not seen this movie in years, since I believe the VHS is long out of print. This could be a great DVD with Apted and Sting involved in the process.
For those who don't know, the film covers Sting's departure from The Police and the story of his first "solo" album. I use the word solo loosely because there are many other talented people involved in the process, such as the great Branford Marsailles. The movie also contains a great torch rendition of Message In A Bottle.
I'm not sure who has the rights to this one, but if it made its way to DVD, I would not hesitate to purchase it.
Thanks!

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I agree. I'd even pay Criterion prices if that is the only alternative (as long as it is Close Captioned). You're right in everything you said. There are many good (blues/jazz) musicians featured. Issues a band faces are discussed. Trudy had their baby, which plays well against the song "Russians". But above all, you just get to see a real musician plying his trade.

I had an old Beta III tape of this, which I dubbed to VHS-EP, and ended up capturing to VCD... So at least I have something. Still, I was quite disappointed to find out recently that I missed an airing on AMC. Hopefully they'll air it again and I'll catch it.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I recently caught this fabulous concert movie on Trio on DirecTV and made a Super-VHS copy. I would replace that with a DVD in a heartbeat. This is a great music movie, IMO one of the best. I even have the movie poster on my wall!

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I recently caught this fabulous concert movie on Trio on DirecTV and made a Super-VHS copy. I would replace that with a DVD in a heartbeat. This is a great music movie, IMO one of the best. I even have the movie poster on my wall!
OK, but when are you going to make a (S)VCD out of it and post it so we can all enjoy it! :) There's something really wrong when those of us perfectly willing to pay to enjoy a product CAN'T.
At least I got someone to get White Nights for me. These gems shouldn't be lost. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks