The Stereo Trading Outlet... What a pleasure to do business with

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean_B, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Sean_B

Sean_B Stunt Coordinator

Its rare these days that you find such great service from a company. I bought a pair of used Paradigm Studio 40's a few weeks ago and as some of you know one of the speakers just didn't sound right. Mike (I believe that is his name) first sent me a replacement tweeter to see if that fixed the problem and it didn't. Then he sent me another whole speaker to match it up with which one it sounded best with.
    That is just unbelievable customer support and were talking about a USED speaker here. They were in MINT condition and double-boxed with tons of bubble wrap packing material. I can't say enough other than that I highly recommend and will definitely be doing business with him again in the forseeable future.
    He places ads over at audiogon.com and their website is www.tsto.com

2. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Hi Sean. I've dealt with them as well and I found it to be a nice experience as well. I always give them a look just to see if there's anything that I could purchase form them.

I also own the same DVD player as you and I love it. I think it could be a little more quiet but it's really a nice unit.

3. Sean_B

Sean_B Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I like the DV-333 I bought it because I had the 414 previously and it stopped playing my audio cd's but the video quality was excellent to me so I bought the 333. Much to my suprise the 333 did have a lot faster loading times and a resume feature that the 414 didn't have. Yeah, both units are on the noisy side really its only downfall and that they are light as a feather. I kind of wish I had waited though as the newest pioneer (forget model number) Is able to play mp3's. Oh well.

4. John Morris

John Morris Guest

TSTO is a great place to buy from. 21 years ago, I bought my current Pioneer PL-707 Turntable from the shop that was in the building they now occupy. More recently, I bought a used ATI 1502 amp and a brand new pair of Mirage MBS-2 Speakers from TSTO. Wow, and the Marantz SR-18EX Receiver sure looks tempting at $1999...

5. Mark Bates

Mark Bates Agent

A little off topic, but I have the 343 DVD player a close relative to the 333 and I love it as well.
    I also had the 414 before and I changed players for VCD and SVCD compatability.
    The 333 and the 343 are both among the highest rated players at www.vcdhelp.com. If you ever considered making your own VCD disks feel good about your player. It plays them perfectly.
    It doesn't play mp3's, but I just convert them to regular cd's anyway for my car.
    Mark

6. Steve Russell

Steve Russell Stunt Coordinator

They are great. I purchased some used SuperOnes from them for about half of retail. They came in the original boxes with the original warranty cards(unused). They were in mint condition and could've passed for new. It is a real pleasure dealing with a company that puts so much emphasis on service and happy customers.

7. Sean_B

Sean_B Stunt Coordinator

Steve: Yeah, I failed to mention that my speakers were in the original packing a boxes. Mine speakers would definitely pass as new.

8. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

Wow! I totally missed out on a used Paradigm X-30 crossover they had because I wasn't sure about buying from them. Bummer!

Bruce

Hey Sean_B! Could you not put your equipment list in your sig? It really messes up searching and the mods have requested members to not put equipment lists in their sigs. Thanks!

9. scott_tinari

scott_tinari Stunt Coordinator

Yeah Stereo Trading outlet maybe a place to buy but dont sell any used stuff to them they will rip you off blind. I doint like the guy Mike I think he is a total asshole. I had 2 month old pair of good Boston Accustics speakers, I had the whole 5 speaker package that I bought from Circuit City for $1700, Mike said he would buy them from me for $300 bucks I told him either you are fucking really insane or your just plain dumb, I told him no way. $300 bucks what is he out of his mind.

10. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Bruce: If you are talking about the x-30 that was listed as A1 used and sold for $109, I was the one who bought that unit. Hehehehehe [​IMG]

11. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

Bastard! (Elitist I mean) [​IMG]