'The Stars My Destination' movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ruslan, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Ruslan

Ruslan Stunt Coordinator

I was glad to read this week that the film version of Alfred Bester's book seems to be moving forward. This is one of my favourite ever books and I would LOVE to see it on the big screen.
    I'm a little worried that Hollywood will screw this up by making Gully Foyle less of an anti-hero.
    Anyone else anticipating this film? Any suggestions for the lead role? My mental image of Gully is from the recent Sci-Fi Masterworks book which pictures him as rather fatter than I thought when reading it. Personally, I'd like to see Russell Crowe in the lead.

2. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    I didn't know this was being made into a movie. Who has the rights? Is anyone attached to it (director/producer)?

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Yes, please provide some information. This is the first I've heard of such a project.

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

5. Ruslan

Ruslan Stunt Coordinator

Yeah that is where I saw it too - sorry, should have given that link, but I usually don't want to mention that site too often as I don't like a lot of things that they do!
    I remember reading a great article about this unmade movie in a book called 'The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made' by Chris Gore - it made me ache for the amazing film this could be.
    Let it please jaunt into cinemas soon!
    Any suggestions for director??