The Stargate Thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Andres Munoz, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

I did a search and could not believe that there is no ongoing thread dedicated to this great show so let's start one. And while we're at it, let's include Atlantis here as well. It's the same universe so what the heck, right?

Sadly, I missed the SG-1 and Atlantis premiere last friday (including the re-runs later on that night). But I read the episodes synopsis on scifi.com afterwards.

I have one question though: Did Ben from Farscape join the cast already or is that happening later on?

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Season 9

Regards

3. Andres Munoz

And O'Neill being absent for most of the show and Carter absent for a few episodes, is that also happening in season 9 or in the remainder of the current season 8?

Thanks.

4. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

Also season 9.

RG

5. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Yeah, Amanda Tapping is gonna have/or had her baby so she'll miss the first few weeks of filming coming up (S9 starts filming within the month I think). Ben Browder will be joined by Claudia Black for a few eps (5, IIRC) in the recurring role that she starts in next week's ep.

If RDA sits out most of S9 I hope they bring Don Davis's General Hammond out of semi-retirement (I believe in the show's universe Gen. Hammond is in oversight of the entire Stargate program now).

SGA is really starting to hit it's groove. The 4 main characters (Drs. Weir & McKay, Shepard and Teyla) really click and I really enjoyed the Genii two-parter. Plus, I can't get enough of Dr. Beckett or Dr. Zelenka! [​IMG] I don't really know what to think of the producers' decision to move Lt. Ford to recurring and move Dr. Beckett to full-time cast member starting next season, though.

6. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

They may have realized that Lt. Ford was the KES of the series and they just didn't quite know how to write for him ...

Something that kind of just happened after the series got underway. It seemed like a good idea at the time ...

Just a wee bit of tinkering with the SGA machine.

regards

7. Andres Munoz

Too bad about Lt. Ford. I like the dude.

8. nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood Second Unit

I haven't really been keeping up with SGA but I have been keeping up with SG-1, thanks to SkyOne and the internet I've been able to see the episodes that haven't aired in the US yet. The episode with Claudia Black was probably the best episode of the season, her interaction with Daniel Jackson is great. The first part of a two parter that aired last night is pretty good too, they bring back someone I'm not overly happy about but I guess we'll see where it goes.