What's new

The Star Wars Box sets releaed 11/4/08 (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Each one is supposed to have 6 discs in it. What is on the bonus discs? I was thinking of buying them but I Have almost all Star Wars related releases and unless theres something on it other than what is already there Im not spending the money

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I'm pretty sure both releases just contain the existing 2-disc sets. For the prequel trilogy, the second disc of each set contains the bulk of the supplemental material. For the original trilogy, the second disc of each set contains the original version of the film (in non-anamorphic widescreen), as opposed to the "special edition" present on disc one.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Why do they keep releasing the same stuff over and over? It's time for a definitive collection of the 6 movies. It's time for a blu-ray release, and they need to put deleted scenes for the original trilogy, TONS of new cast interviews, contemporary tv interviews from the 70s and 80s, maybe even the Star Wars Holiday Special...each movie is worth about 5 discs of material, I kid you not! Lucasfilms' archives must be sitting on a wealth of good footage--sfx tests, raw footage, screen tests for the stars, costume and makeup tests--there's just so much! The new discs could be as worthwhile and inclusive as the Lord of the Rings special edition dvd sets. This is what we really need--not just another go at the same stuff over and over...

gushin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gustavo Hinojosa
Is there any way to just get the outer box that holds the prequel trilogy? That's all I want.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If they're going to do Blu-Ray, they have a lot of work to do (if they intend to do it right): fixing the color timing, the pink sabers, switched channels and other mix issues, etc. I won't even bother saying "prepping the original versions" any more.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink

Though the contents appear to be the same, the packaging is not. These new box sets do not simply contain the existing keep-case releases in a new cardboard slip-case.

I do not know exactly what the packaging is like, as I have not purchased either set, but from looking at it in the store, it's definitely too thin to have three normal-sized keepcases inside.

That's actually something I've been wondering about, myself. Can someone who has purchased either set describe exactly what the packaging is like?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure you want to be 100% sure but I think you can be 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure that it's the same disc.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
If it wasn't, LFL would have mentioned it or word would be on the street.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I just want to know if this new OT set has the Lego demos on the bonus discs like the '06 discs did. That wouldn't necessarily be cause for news.

I'm not for a second thinking that these contain anamorphic versions of the original films- I know better than that. :laugh:

I can't believe NOBODY here bought the OT set??!!

PLEASE don't make me go to theforce.net to ask---those people scare me! :eek:

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I just want to know if this new OT set has the Lego demos on the bonus discs like the '06 discs did. That wouldn't necessarily be cause for news.

I'm not for a second thinking that these contain anamorphic versions of the original films- I know better than that. :laugh:

I can't believe NOBODY here bought the OT set??!!

PLEASE don't make me go to theforce.net to ask---those people scare me! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks