What's new

The Space Race (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I see this is available in England but I am wondering If it will be available in the US.

Its the documentary of Dr Wehrner Von Braun the German rocket Scientist who was on Hitler's payroll and was smuggled out to work for NASA

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Is this the same thing that aired a few weeks ago on the NATGEO CH. It was called "Space Race: The Untold Story."

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah

Thats right Chris. I missed half of it but I have an interest in NASA and I wanted to purchse it.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
You might get more response if this thread were in the TV forum.

Anyway, I caught a few minutes of this show. I've always been interested in the space program (was a kid in the 60s), so I just read the book from which the series was derived. It's a very-well written book - highly recommended. The series faithfully follows the events and even verbiage used in the book.

Sorry, I don't have any news about DVDs.

Doug

TimJS

Second Unit

Actually, John correctly posted in the film & documentary forum.

Can't help with DVD info, however, if you go to National Geographic's website, you will find that the show is being re-broadcast in the wee hours in mid-July, so if you have TiVo or one of those VCR thingymabobs, you can at least enjoy a veiwing.

Tim

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks for the re Broadcast information Tim.. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for it in July

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Tim, thanks for the tip. I do have a Tivo contraption. Now I'll just have to remember to program it to record this series...

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks