The Space Giants!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Claude North, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Claude North

Claude North Second Unit

One show that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see released on DVD is THE SPACE GIANTS, a wild Japanese sci-fi show from the 1960s. The show focused on a family of robots who lived in a volcano and could turn into rockets. Their enemy was Rodak, who flew around in a bat-shaped spaceship and unleashed various GODZILLA-style monsters on Japan. I still get chills thinking about the opening credits, with a bright light falling to Earth, followed by Rodak's boots stepping into frame.

I was totally hooked on TSG as a child, but I have not seen an episode since the 1970s. I am surprised that it hasn't popped up on cable at some point, or perhaps it has and I wasn't aware of it.

In any event, I think it's a perfect candidate for DVD release. I would write a letter to request it, but I have no idea who owns the rights to it.

Anyone else remember this show?

2. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

Hurry Meko! Call Goldar and Silvar to save the day!!!

Oh no! Lugo Men!!!!! AAIIGGHH!!!

Loved that show. I have the first three episodes on a crummy vhs tape and would absolutely eat up a decent dvd set of them. They're cheesy weird Japanese fun for all!

3. WadeB

WadeB Stunt Coordinator

I have often wondered what happened to Space Giants. That and Ultraman were what I graduated to after The Electric Company. No wonder I was (am?) such a nerd. Were those shows in B & W or was it just my family's TV set?

Anyway, yes I'd love a DVD collection.

4. Claude North

Claude North Second Unit

SPACE GIANTS was in color.

The Lugo Men! They were the guys whose heads were covered in black cloth, right? I remember when one was destroyed, he would turn into something resembling a grape Slurpee!

And speaking of THE ELECTRIC COMPANY, there's another idea for a DVD release!

5. Sergio Z.

Sergio Z. Stunt Coordinator

no kidding!! I would love to see the SGs again!!
    and Ultraman and Spectreman!! Rock on!!

6. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Lugo Men!! Yes!!! They melted into slurpees for sure. Talk about obscure. I loved this show also, man was it ever wierd.

[​IMG]