What's new

The Sorkin-Less 'West Wing' (1 Viewer)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
It wasn't a good episode, but it kept me watching. I was a little concerned about Leo after the "previously on" clip and him not appearing on-screen before Donna entered CJ's office. There were a couple of laugh-out-loud gags, esp. the chewing gum one at the beginning. ;) :D

Weren't they going to try to get Sorkin to come back to write at least one of the episodes this season? They should send the limo ASAP.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Whoa. That's all I can say. I haven't seen any complete episodes beyond In The Shadow of Two Gunmen and tonight's episode is just shocking. Even the acting couldn't bail out this horribly stiff material. Did anyone else cringe at C.J.'s "Dammit" before the 2nd commercial break? Was anyone else watching the 2nd commercial break? On the other hand, Donna and C.J. are looking very, very nice. Of course I haven't seen Seasons 2-4. I wish I would have caught the show in it's glory years and been able to watch it on TV (Instead of first time on DVD as crazy as that sounds). And the widescreen framing I'm sure is just great but NBC for some reason has stopped broadcasting in letterbox for 4:3 TVs. That extra mile truly gave it class. I was impressed just flipping through the channels when I wasn't interested in the show. Now the show is just sad. What was once the greatest thing to hit the airwaves has now been unavoidably reduced by Sorkin's departure to just a TV show.

Scott De

Grip
I've stuck with the show through some lean episodes so far, but after last night's Sesame Street character fiasco, I'm out...sad to see a quality show deteriorate so far, so fast...

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I rather enjoyed the latest episode - particularly making the VP more villainous (Gary Cole does that so well). There were one or two nice bits of dialogue. The main problem still is that the current writers don't have Sorkin's ability to tie all of the plotlines together so seamlessly.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
The show is falling from the high pedestal it once was on. But the part last night with Big Bird sitting on the bench with CJ had me rolling.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This is still one of my favorite TV shows. So what is the deal with the missing intern?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks