What's new

The Sopranos Season Five (1 Viewer)

Shem Kellogg

Agent
I'm not very familiar with this show or HBO's reputation for releasing DVDs but was curious to know when the Sopranos Season Five is supposed to hit the streets.

Shem Kellogg

Agent
I'm not very familiar with this show or HBO's reputation for releasing DVDs but was curious to know when the Sopranos Season Five is supposed to hit the streets.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
They tend to release one season per year of their shows; the Sopranos comes out around Christmas. If they follow their normal schedule, it should be out by Christmas.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
They tend to release one season per year of their shows; the Sopranos comes out around Christmas. If they follow their normal schedule, it should be out by Christmas.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Christmas 2005 maybe. It seemed like prior seasons were released just prior to the following season's debut.

Since the final season is slated to air in 2006, I wouldn't expect the penultimate season to be on DVD until sometime in 2005. Hopefully I'm wrong; S5 was excellent from start to finish.

Steve

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Christmas 2005 maybe. It seemed like prior seasons were released just prior to the following season's debut.

Since the final season is slated to air in 2006, I wouldn't expect the penultimate season to be on DVD until sometime in 2005. Hopefully I'm wrong; S5 was excellent from start to finish.

Steve

WillG

Senior HTF Member
A year and a half seems a bit excessive. I'm sure HBO wants Sopranos Season 5 as their big holiday release.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
A year and a half seems a bit excessive. I'm sure HBO wants Sopranos Season 5 as their big holiday release.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That doesn't make sense. Those "statistics" aren't typical, IMO, because they simply started a bit late with bringing the first season to the new format (DVD).

Personally, I expect it somewhere around November this year.

Cees

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I distinctly remember season four coming out at the end of October last year as it was one of the first things I picked up (along with the Looney Tunes collection) after returning from holiday.

Hopefully a similar schedule will happen for season five. I haven't seen any of the latest season and am also looking forward to it.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Good thing all the episodes are on my Tivo. but its nothing compared to watching it in HD on the normal schedule.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Here are some dates for the sake of argument:

Season 1

Started: 1/10/99
Ended: 4/4/99
DVD Release: 12/12/00

Season 2

Started: 1/16/00
Ended: 4/9/00
DVD Release: 11/6/01

Season 3

Started: 3/4/01
Ended: 5/20/01
DVD Release: 8/27/02

Season 4

Started: 9/15/02
Ended: 12/8/02
DVD Release: 10/28/03

Season 5:

Started: 3/7/04
Ended: 6/6/04
DVD Release:

These dates would seem to suggest that Sopranos S5 would come out about 4-6 months before S6 airs. My guess would be late August 05.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Andrew,

Just look at those release dates: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.
The next will be 2004.

As usual, it's just a matter of interpretation of the "statistics". :)

Cees

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Sure, but I doubt it will be released in November. HBO has already mentioned Carnivale coming December 7th, so I'm pretty sure it will come after that...otherwise it would have already been announced. I'd expect late Dec/early Jan at the earliest. I tend to agree with those that say closer to S6. That's standard HBO MO (previous seasons of Sopranos, SFU, and Carnivale for examples).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just a guess here, but it seems to me we are at the tail-end of announcements for the remainder of this year. Some titles that are getting announced now are for January (Troy, The Notebook, etc.). I think if something as high-profile as the Sopranos was coming in 2004, we'd have heard about it now. My guess is HBO will release in late in 2005 as part of the promotion leading up to season 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks