What's new

The Sopranos complete series? (1 Viewer)

Ivy Mike

Agent
Real Name
Jordan
Do you think The Sopranos will find a complete series release in HD/BD sometime soon, or will we have to wait for each season release - 1, 2, etc.? Has HBO/Warner made any indication to their plans?

I would imagine if they make a SD boxset for the entire series, a high def version release would accompany it, but I might be assuming too much.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Rumor has it that HBO has an SD series set planned for holidays 2008. That's the earliest that you may see an HD counterpart (though I think they'll sell them all individually first so they can make more money off of them).

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
A 10 lb. box, 28 discs...$399.99!

[EDIT] Sorry, I missed that this thread was HD. :frowning:

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I think The Sopranos is absolutely fantastic, but there's no way I'm paying hundreds of dollars for this on SD. BD would be a different story.....

As for the extras, I've never really found Sopranos extras to be particularly compelling. Most of the commentaries are fairly sparse, and the featurettes are mostly promotional fluff. The 16 'lost' scenes might be interesting, but personally, I think a show as brilliant as The Sopranos speaks for itself, extras or no extras.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Gee with what they ripped us off for 2 sets(when one would do) of season 6
could you imagine the price for a whole set,

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm not one of those guys who whine about the prices of HBO sets or that they split the season up or that the show sucks (but they keep watching every week) but I'm waiting for either a Blu-Ray series set or more season sets on Blu Ray before I buy the show again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks