The Sopranos at Total Action Universe

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bonnie K., Nov 19, 2002.

1. Bonnie K.

Bonnie K. Auditioning

I was thinking of buying the first season of The Sopranos and saw that Total Action Universe had it for only $55.55 US. Is this a reputable company? I know they're in Canada so if anyone has gotten this set from them, are the discs any different than the one sold here in the US? Features, cover art, etc. That's almost $20 less than Deep Discount DVD has it for, so I'm wondering if it's too good to be true? Thanks.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

They're the same
    The Canadian exchange rate is great for we DVD fans [​IMG]

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

The only concern you have with TAU is that shipping from Canada can take forever. I just received the X-Files season 6 set from TAU. The price was great, but it took almost three weeks to reach me.

Also, remember that the U.S. prices listed at TAU are based on exchange rates when the price was posted. They don't update them regularly. They charge in Canadian dollars, and your credit card company applies whatever exchange rate prevails at the time the charge is submitted.

I bought the second season of The Sopranos from them, and the discs are the same.

M.

4. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    I bought from TAU. no problems there, and actually I found shipping to be reasonably fast, 8-10 days to get here in Singapore.

actually, may I suggest amazon.ca? it's cheaper: TAU has Sopranos 3 at C$99, amazon.ca has it at (I think) C$79. shipping is reasonably fast from them too, I just received my copy of BoB (C$89 v. C$119 at TAU) yesterday, only one week after it was shipped.

5. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    I'm just back from the US and saw more action prices here and there for The Sopranos 3rd Season (e.g. fye $59,99). Not yet for the other seasons, which still do $99.99 or $89.99 in B&M stores (BestBuy) but around $74 - $75 at our well-known online dealers (like Digital Eyes and The Laser's Edge).

Cees