The Sony DVP-NS715P??!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Harnish, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I was searching the system at CompUSA today to see which DVD player models we're going to carry (our location is stocking DVD players again). Lo and behold, the Sony DVP-NS715P shows up. Is Sony releasing a new model of their DVP-NS700P player?

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I read about a month ago that Sony was planning to release a batch of DVD players in June 2002. I don't know the specifics of this one, but they are planning to release a progressive scan player with SACD. I think the model number for that one is 755.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Marty,

You are right. The new budget Sony DVD/SACD player will be the DVP-NS755V. It will do progressive-scan DVD and SACD for only $300.

Brian,

I haven't heard anything about an 'NS715P, but I suppose it could be a replacement for the 'NS700P, meaning that it would do progressive-scan DVD, but not SACD.

4. JasonKZ

JasonKZ Stunt Coordinator

I almost laughed when I saw this thread title. I recently won some Sony points that I needed to redeem. In their on-line catalog, they had the DVPNS715P availabe for 21,500 points (about $200). It had the following features:
    • Progressive Video Output
    • MP3 Playback
    • 12 Bit/ 108 MHZ Video DAC
    • DVD-RW (VR) Playback
    • Resume Memory (40 Disc)
    I spent a *lot* of time scouring the web and everywhere trying to find it and found nothing except a UK DVP715 that had none of those features.
    Anyhow, I went ahead and got figuring it is the best deal out there for those features. I am relieved to hear it really does exist!!!
    By the way, I checked today and it isn't listed there anymore (www.sony.com/sonycard - under rewards).

5. Han

Han Second Unit

Strange, it's a Sony. Why would it play DVD-RW? They're makers of DVD+RW.

6. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor