What's new

Pre-Order The Sons of Katie Elder (1965) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Is there any indication that the Amazon version of this will be a BD-R like the recent Funeral in Berlin?
The picture of the disc of "Katie" has the blu ray logo which they can't use if it is a burned disc. Funeral In Berlin is missing the logo.

1600354276798.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched this on Tuesday, if you play the movie all the way through to its entirety then it looks and sounds fine. However, you will encounter some serious audio sync issues if you fast-forward the disc. I noticed that during the sequence when the Elder brothers go to town to see if Katie has any debts that need to be paid.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I watched this on Tuesday, if you play the movie all the way through to its entirety then it looks and sounds fine. However, you will encounter some serious audio sync issues if you fast-forward the disc. I noticed that during the sequence when the Elder brothers go to town to see if Katie has any debts that need to be paid.
I noticed the exact same issue. I switched the audio from English to German and back to English and that fixed it for me.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
First time watching this movie. What a great John Wayne film! Immensely enjoyed it and quite a few character actors (even in cameos) that I recognized.

The transfer looked pretty good overall. A few anomalies in the transfer including some specs and a hair in the frame. However, I'm really nitpicking here.

Oh, I always catch the stunt doubles in John Wayne movies. In this case, the water scene under the bridge as Dean Martin and the "kid" go swimming for the guns on the other side of the bank.

Thank you for the recommendation on this title. Really enjoyed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks