What's new

The Smart Older Theif in Hest movies! (1 Viewer)

AaronP

Stunt Coordinator
I happened to just see The Heist, and The Score (great titles) in a very short time frame, and one thing really struck me.

Isn't lame how both old Crooks, De Niro and Hackman fooled their younger counterparts when the inevitable betrayal took place? I saw the Heist and was like "DUH how obvious" when it was revealed to us that Hackman still had the gold, and then seeing it in the Score was like hitting me over the head with a brick. God, if only Ed Norton had gotten the scepter, that would have been so much better.

so, I know I have seen this cliche before these two movies this year, but can't think of any titles, can you guys come up with some older movies where this happens?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
We haven't got Heist over here yet but when I was watching The Score I was rooting for Ed Norton but I was happy with the "twist" because nobody can pull off the proud smart-ass better than De Niro, he does it with absolute perfection.
so I was happy and it didn't really bother me.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
This is a stretch because it's not a heist movie but In Primal Fear Norton did a great job of fooling Richard Gere. I thought that The Score was a decent film but Norton getting away with the scepter would have killed it for me. Even if he got away with it what was he going to do, sell it on Ebay? More often than not a vetran knows more about how to win the game than a rookie. Proof of that is the fact that Norton is the one that took all of the chances. Norton spent all that time hanging out with the security crew so they could ID him. Did he think that this one heist would make him so much money that he could hide from the police his whole life? Not only that but his face was all over those security tapes. There's no way that an old pro like Deniero would have taken those chances, and thats why he got away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks