What's new

The slow going HT project. (1 Viewer)

Oracle Son

Auditioning
Real Name
jason hobbs
It has been a year in the making. It is practically done with the exception of some furniture and updated components and speakers. I knocked out three walls and put up a support beam. Used dry-fog paint for the ceiling. Gives it kind of an industrial look. I am shopping A/V receivers and am stuck between the an Onkyo and Pioneer vsx 1021k. I like the pioneer because of the apple interface and remote functions for the Ipad. But I like the onkyo because well it's an onkyo. Any views either way would be great thanks. Here are a couple of pics of the room.

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
I think you have to go with the features you need, so... Pioneer.

Oracle Son

Auditioning
Real Name
jason hobbs
The pioneer does not have THX certification. I that really all that important considering that everyone tweeks their system to perform as they desire?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
THX certification should never be the sole reason for choosing one receiver over another. IMO, when it comes to receivers, THX certification is not worth paying anything extra for. There are many receivers out there that meet or exceed "THX Standards" but have opted to save their customers some cash by not to paying THX to put the logo on the front panel and thus passing that cost along to the consumer.

I have always owned Onkyo gear, but I know lots of folks have recommended the Pioneer 1021 and it's a popular model. I agree with Nick - if the 1021 offers the connectivity and features you need, then that's what you should get.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks