What's new

The Sisters Brothers (2018) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Please include something that is words that says what the movie is about, maybe who,is in it and dir.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
In 1850s Oregon, a gold prospector is chased by the infamous duo of assassins, the Sisters brothers.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The Sisters Brothers are portrayed by Joaquin Phoenix and John C. Reilly which basically seems to be a sort of humorous combination but I don't think this is strictly a comedy. They are paid killers and they are sent to murder a gold prospector named Herman Warm but Reilly's character is having a bit of a change of heart about what he and his brother do for a living. It sounds like material that would have been great for the Coen Brothers but the film is directed by Jacques Audiard the writer and director that brought us A Prophet and Dheepan. It's apparently been a bit of a dream project for Reilly who bought the film rights for the novel back in 2011.

rcmeserve

Agent
Real Name
Robert
The book is laugh-out-loud funny, owing to the contrast between its arch, period-appropriate prose, and the dark, criminally stupid behavior of its protagonists. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see a way to capture that contrast in a movie. And the trailer isn’t encouraging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks