The Singing Guns

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This is $12 at Amazon at the moment. The description and some of the reviews have me interested. I’ve always enjoyed Vaughn Monroe as a singer, but is this movie a decent watch?

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
Ella Raines in gorgeous TruColor. Plus a nice role for Ward Bond. Monroe is OK but the rest of the cast carries the weight IMO. A little too many studio shot outdoor scenes for my taste but I enjoyed it.
Man, I swear I'm going to watch that Blu-ray this week. I can't be going around telling people I'm a big Ella Raines fan without watching her in gorgeous TruColor.:blush:

JoelA

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Another vote in favor here Johnny. It's not a classic, but fun. The TruColor looks great. Ella Raines and Ward Bond are always wonderful to watch and Vaughn isn't bad, plus he sings a few songs. So, if that sounds appealing, I'd recommend it.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
Well, I finally watched this Blu-ray and really enjoyed the movie. Sure, it's because of Ella Raines along with Ward Bond and Walter Brennan, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be after reading Leonard Maltin's thoughts on this movie. Ella looked great!