What's new

The Sims: Hot Date (1 Viewer)

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
My wife loves this game so we had to pick up the new expansion pack. Pretty fun you can actually go downtown.

Richard_T

Second Unit
My girlfriend got Hot Date last week and she loves it. I've watched her play it for a while and it does seem really good (though I'm not really into this type of game. I'm more of a MGS2 kinda guy.) you can go downtown and shop, buy things and they appear in your inventory when you get home. Kind of cool I guess. Now if I could just get her off the computer long enough to check the HTF posts more often....
frown.gif

------------------
"What? What did you say? You want me to turn it up??

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just saw this in Sunday's circular. I haven't played The Sims in a bit, I've gotten my main character up to running for mayor but he's starting to get a crush on the blonde next-door neighbor since his wife is a doctor and working long hours.. Probably not a good thing to start off with a scandel while running for mayor... Otherwise, he's lived an ideal suburban life. :)
Once I get my new PC running, I'll have to check in on how he's doing.. I only have the Expansion Pack and a few things from the internet.
Jay

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The Sims: Hot Date is the best Sims expansion pack to date (Livin' Large was semi-decent, while House Party brought life into a game that was getting old).
Pros:
- The downtown area is great. The game is a must buy (imo) just for the downtown portion alone. You can shop at stores, you can eat at resturants, you can interact with total strangers, you can window shop, etc.
- There are more emotions for your characters (now you can hug friendly, hug passionately, kiss friendly, kiss suave, kiss romantic, you can gossip with other people, etc).
- There are more interests for your characters.
Cons:
- The game runs slower then the previous versions (it took me two minutes to get downtown... and I'm running on 64MB RAM, 8MB graphics card, and 8x DVD-ROM drive). Maybe when I get more RAM (I plan to add 128MB of RAM after Christmas) the game will run faster for me.
- The new items added to the game are nowhere near decent (the only new items I noticed were windows, wallpaper, etc). The items that were added in Livin' Large and House Party are much better.
Overall, the expansion pack brings more life into the game. With what this game has to offer (downtown), I'm sad now that Simsville was cancelled. :frowning: Oh well, we have The Sims Online to look forward to in late 2002 (hopefully that won't be cancelled).
The Sims: Hot Date = B+
Previous ratings:
The Sims = A+
The Sims: Livin' Large = C-
The Sims: House Party = B-

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Also, if you want to get The Sims: Hot Date, I suggest you buy it this week at Circuit City, as they're having it on sale for $19.99 (most places sell the game for $24.99 - $29.99).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks