What's new

The simpsons, Season 2, purchasing thread... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I knew that if I went late, I'd never find it in time, so I went early. An hour after the mall opened, Sam Goody was the first store I checked. They had a big display case, and all where gone within that first hour. Probably all pre-orders.
So, I went across the 'street' to the other side of the mall, and stopped at Suncoast. Is there another big DVD release on this date? There was a line of about 5 people ahead of me for something, wich is strange so early in the morning. The lady in front of me was the only one I saw buy a set, but the only other DVD I heard mentioned where Spiderman pre-orders. I also noticed they only had it behind the counter, isntead of out on the floor. Guess they wanted to spread it out between customers as much as they could.
Heh, anyone else miss getting one today? I might have been lucky because there where a few left :).

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
Luckily, I got one Friday. It was the only one and could not pass it up. This is the 1st time I have ever seen a DVD on the shelf before its release date so I took advantage. Plus it saved me a trip today. Now hopefully season 3 won't be too far off.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Got mine on Wednesday of last week. I had some free time this weekend and got to watch the entire season. You won't be disappointed! A great DVD set. Can't wait for Season 3!

Brandon Smith

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
My pro-order shipped last Friday. It usually takes a week for a Canadian order to get to The Netherlands, so I'm patiently waiting, and hope it doesn't get delayed by customs....

Bought mine from Best Buy today. Had no problems. They must have had around 50 on the shelves. Can't wait to get home and watch this. Hope season three comes out soon.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Preordered mine online and got it in the mail on monday. Haven't watched any of it yet though.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Flew back into town today and stopped by Target on my way home from the airport (about 9:30 AM) and picked up Season 2. I got the second to last one at the target I went to. I also got LOTR but it took me a while to find a widescreen version for LOTR at Target. :rolleyes:
Looking forward to popping in Disc one of The Simpsons tonight when my friend gets off work. :emoji_thumbsup:

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
Got mine at Suncoast today, there were only bout 4 left on new release section.

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
I got it in an order with LOTR. Both DVDs came to only $46 at Amazon with free shipping.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Just a question, did a booklet come inside the packaging? Mine didn't come with one.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I just want to say thanks to whatever individual chucklehead at Fox decided to stick a big black security sensor tag on the OUTSIDE COVER of my Simpsons: Season 2. Removing it left quite a lovely mark on the case. I understand the need for security, but for God's sake could you people find a better way than marring the product?

Craig_T

Second Unit
I just want to say thanks to whatever individual chucklehead at Fox decided to stick a big black security sensor tag on the OUTSIDE COVER of my Simpsons: Season 2. Removing it left quite a lovely mark on the case. I understand the need for security, but for God's sake could you people find a better way than marring the product?
I was just going to post the same thing. I assumed that the Best Buy store that I bought it at did this. Regardless, there's no way to get that stupid thing off without leaving at least an intentation on the case. I'm just glad that I didn't tear the backing of the case taking the stupid thing off.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
My BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: SEASON 2 dvd set was the same way, but I was able to get it off without a mark. Sorry they did that to you. :frowning:
Mine came on monday in the mail. :)

Brandon_S

Second Unit
David,
Yes it does :frowning:. I had even more trouble removing the glue from Season 2 than I did from Season 1. However with a little grit and lighter fluid, all was well.
Brandon Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks