What's new

The Simpsons Season 2 DVD Box set - when and what extras? (1 Viewer)

Henry Woo

Agent
Now that season 1 of The Simpsons is out on dvd and selling pretty well I sure, has anyone heard of when Season 2 will come out and with what extras? I thought I had read somewhere that if sales were good, season 2 could possibly come out late this year.
In terms of extras, I thought having commentaries with every episode was great and certainly the best extra on the discs. Hopefully they will keep this up with following seasons as well as adding better quality production featurettes (ie. interviews with the animators, writers, vocalists, etc).
It was a great first step. Nice packaging also. Most of the reviews didn't mention the nice and informative booklet that was enclosed in the package also.
------------------

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I dont' know, but when they do I hope they don't come with all of the problems that people are having with the first season. Many, many different defects/incompatibility problems.
------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO the packaging was the best part of the Simpsons box. The booklet was one of the few I've seen that was actually useful (though I really don't see why they couldn't have put those show descriptions in the menus like the Sopranos did).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Patience :)
I've been waiting a year for MASH and Buffy to start, January is my nirvana. I'd prefer they wait till Feb

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
The best part about the Fox TV DVD boxed sets is the price. They've announced that the first season for M*A*S*H will be only $40. and that is a full season of 24 episodes. This can only mean that future seasons of this show and The Simpsons will also be only $40. Hopefully.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 is where my interest in the Simpsons will begin. Hopefully it won't be too long.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Luis A

Second Unit
I haven't had any problems with mine. I think this was a great debut for The Simpsons on dvd.
On season 2, it would be cool to see The Simpsons THX trailer. :) L

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I thought Peter Staddon indicated that the future Simpsons season box prices would go up along with more episodes/discs.
But it would be great if they kept the price point low.

Matt Giggey

Stunt Coordinator
Same here. :)
When DVD Review first reported on the official announcement about the set, they said:
"The set is scheduled to be available on September 25th, and if all goes well, Fox hopes to have Season Two available for the holidays."
I've also heard someone from FOX say that they planned on releasing a set every six months or so, so I guess time will tell.
The set is listed as the number one selling item at Amazon, and I'm sure when the final tally comes in for this week, it will be the top selling DVD. I can definately see them trying really hard to get another out by Christmas.
As far as features are concerned, they said:
"The creative forces at Fox are already planning features for future box sets and are hoping to include, among other things, retrospective specials focusing on each character. Studio reps made a point to mention that one feature not planned to be included is footage of the actors recording dialog - effectively "Bursting the Bubble".
Again, anything we hear will just be speculation until FOX makes the official announcement on Season Two. I'm sure that we'll hear something soon (at least, I'm HOPING we'll hear something soon :)).
http://www.dvdreview.com/news/pokenews.asp?news_id=3936
------------------
Link Removed

Calvin Cullen

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to see commentaries by the vocal actors on future editions (but maybe only three or four episodes out of each season).

MarkBurton

Second Unit
I really loved the season 1 box set. However, I sure wish they could have sorted out the legal issues that prevented them from including all of the Tracy Ullman shorts. I would even purchase a seperate dvd of just these shorts, if they could make that available. Well, Just in case your interested, I put a complete list of all the shorts below...
MG01Good Night
MG02Watching Television
MG03Bart Jumps
MG04Babysitting Maggie
MG05The Pacifier
MG06Burp Contest
MG07Eating Dinner
MG08Football
MG09Making Faces
MG10Maggie's Brain
MG11Gone Fishin'
MG12House Of Cards
MG13Space Patrol
MG14The Funeral
MG15Bart and Dad Eat Dinner
MG16The Perfect Crime
MG17Scary Stories
MG18Bart's Haircut
MG19Grandpa & The Kids
MG20World War III
MG21Skateboarding
MG22The Pagans
MG23The Closet
MG24The Aquarium
MG25Family Portrait
MG26Bart's Hiccups
MG27The Money Jar
MG28Zoo Story
MG29The Art Museum
MG30Shut Up Simpsons
MG31Shoplifting
MG32Home Hypnotism
MG33Punching Bag
MG34Bart The Hero
MG35The Shell Game
MG36Echo Canyon
MG37Scary Movie
MG38The Bart Simpson Show
MG39The Krusty the Clown Show
MG40Simpsons Christmas
MG41Bart's Fantasy
MG42Maggie In Peril Part One
MG43Maggie In Peril Part Two
MG44Bathtime
MG45Bart's Nightmare
MG46Bart Of The Jungle
MG47Family Therapy
MG48T.V. Simpsons

Don Myles

Stunt Coordinator
The price of the Region 2 Simpsons Season 1 DVD is pretty rediculous - I have seen it for £30 ($45) but Virgin etc are selling it for £35 ($51).
And they wonder why I buy Region 1 for £17 ($26)
Here's hoping the Region 1 price stays relatively low.
Don

KrisM

Second Unit
The quicker they get season two out, the quicker my absolute favorite episode comes out.When Bart joins the mob in season three. Its been WAY too long since I've seen this one.
KrisM

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
I don't know about the rest of you, but one special feature I'd like to see is an interview with composer Alf Clausen.
Danny Elfman tends to get a lot of credit since he was responsible for the show's main theme (and a damn fine composition it is too), but considering the vast array of musical styles Clausen has to accomplish and the relatively short amount of time he has to do them in, I'd be really interested in knowing how he works.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who thinks that a commentary by one or more of the actors in character would be hysterical for the show? Kind of like on that "behind the laughter" episode.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
If you're interested in more info on Alf Clausen's work process, check out the two soundtrack volumes on Rhino Records. Aside from the fantastic audio content, the booklets contain liner notes by Clausen detailing how he does what he does, and the insane turnaround times involved.
Ryan

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I had at one time heard rumor that season 2 might sneak out before Christmas. I would be SHOCKED if that were to happen without an announcement by now.
I'm planning on having season 2 by March.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one who thinks that a commentary by one or more of the actors in character would be hysterical for the show? Kind of like on that "behind the laughter" episode.
Depends...it could be very funny like the in-character commentary on MGM's This Is Spinal Tap, but then again it could not.
[Fanboy mode on] Considering how lame the writing has been for the past three seasons, I don't how how amusing an in-character track would be. [Fanboy mode off]
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks