What's new

The Simpsons season 18 coming to DVD... take that, streaming! (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Hoping for Seasons 19 & 21 to be released sometime next year and then if sales are good for Season 18, we might be next in line for those next two seasons to come out on DVD, so let's hope that's the case.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hoping for Seasons 19 & 21 to be released sometime next year and then if sales are good for Season 18, we might be next in line for those next two seasons to come out on DVD, so let's hope that's the case.

If the Disney buying Fox rumors come true, I don't have any hope for any further seasons of The Simpsons on DVD because Disney barely releases anything TV on physical media anymore.

The Marvel shows make it out every now and again, but that's about it. Even a show like Blackish was abandoned after season 1.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
If the Disney buying Fox rumors come true, I don't have any hope for any further seasons of The Simpsons on DVD because Disney barely releases anything TV on physical media anymore.

The Marvel shows make it out every now and again, but that's about it. Even a show like Blackish was abandoned after season 1.

Robert, I'm with you in that hoping the deal doesn't go through at all as it would really be bad for consumers on all fronts.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

Well, Fox is bad enough with their own shows. ABC only did Blackish season one as an Amazon exclusive and then abandoned it. I don't think I saw it in stores at all. They did the same thing with Agents of Shield season 2, then abandoned it. Somehow, season 3 showed up in the UK but never its country of origin. Who knows if we'll ever see season 4. What am I to think...

And they have seemingly abandoned Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder on dvd. Not sure why--those shows seem to sell well on dvd and are easy to find at Target and Best Buy. Maybe it's because Shonda Rimes is pushing away from ABC??

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target actually had copies in-store.

The set is about an inch wider across than the other sets. Don't know why.

The interior packaging is the same crappy stuff. Only difference is it folds out like a book the same way seasons 1-5 did instead of all accordion style, like seasons 11-17. You still slide the discs in and out of a pocket, though.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
The_Simpsons_(season_18)

Fat Tony doesn't like it when you stream. He wants you to buy DVD's.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
DVDs? Pfffftt!

I’ll get excited when The Simpson’s is again released as it’s meant to be: on VHS!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DVDs? Pfffftt!

I’ll get excited when The Simpson’s is again released as it’s meant to be: on VHS!

Y'know, long ago, I had a three VHS box set from season one. It was green. Had, maybe, six of the 13 season one episodes on it.

I believe this was it

7-1.jpg

I think there were a couple more, but I never got them.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Target actually had copies in-store.

The set is about an inch wider across than the other sets. Don't know why.

The interior packaging is the same crappy stuff. Only difference is it folds out like a book the same way seasons 1-5 did instead of all accordion style, like seasons 11-17. You still slide the discs in and out of a pocket, though.

Good to know Target had them in store; do you happen to know what the in-store price is?

I was afraid the packaging would be the same lousy stuff they started to pull with the later seasons, having to slide the discs out of cardboard pockets; sucks that it was done that way. That was another great thing about the blu-ray releases; they were in standard cases with the discs on hubs.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It's an impressive package; nice artwork, beautiful book. Just a shame it wasn't blu-ray.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I just finished going through the set and there’s brief extra deleted scenes hidden as easter eggs. To find them go to the individual episode menus on:

episode 2. Jazzy And The Pussycats: 1.) press up from ‘Play Episode” highlighting the sign & press enter and 2.) from the highlighted sign, press left to highlight the other sign & press enter
4. Treehouse Of Horror XVII: press up from ‘Play Episode” highlighting the sign
5. G.I. (Annoyed Grunt): press up from ‘Play Episode” highlighting the sign
10. The Wife Aquatic: press up from ‘Play Episode” highlighting the sign
15. Rome-Old And Juli-Eh: press up from ‘Play Episode” highlighting the sign
16. Homerazzi: 1.) press up from ‘Play Episode” highlighting the sign and 2.) from the highlighted sign, press left to highlight the other sign
22. You Kent Always Say What You Want: 1.) press up from ‘Play Episode” highlighting the sign and 2.) from the highlighted sign, press left to highlight the other sign

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I just finished going through the set and there’s brief extra deleted scenes hidden as easter eggs
Interesting. I never found those on my viewing. Do you know if they are unique? Or are they part of the deleted scenes package on disc 4?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. I never found those on my viewing. Do you know if they are unique? Or are they part of the deleted scenes package on disc 4?
Yeah, they're different from the deleted scenes on disc 4. Most are pretty brief but due to the nature of animation, The Simpsons doesn't really have alot of lengthy deleted scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks