What's new

The Simpsons: Season 11 - 10/07 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
EXCELLENT!!! Better late than never. Any guesses to what kind of packaging will be used this time around, aside from the standard that is. Of course, that's assuming there will be limited edition cases this time around. Either way, I can't wait to have this!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear it's coming.I'll guess that no matter what it is, it'll piss people off.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Seriously though, I'll guess that there will be one package type this time just for the ease of having one package.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I think the "heads" were just a five-season premium. I think we're through with the heads from now on.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
Yay! Can't wait. In the introduction on the Season 10 set, Groening said they won't be doing any more heads. No matter what kind of case they use, I'm buying it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This release date makes it very unlikely we will see two seasons released this year.

Matthew H

Second Unit
I like the head theme. I'm down.

It just blows we're only getting one season again this year. UGH.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well hopefully they'll be back on track in '09. Personally I'm thankful for this announcement because I was starting to wonder if we were getting ANY release this year. So one's better than none. Of course, two is better than one, but ah well.

Krusty head, eh? I thought for sure they'd be done with the heads after season 10. Well if that's how it's released, then I'm in, since I have the other 5. People get a kick out of seeing them when they visit anyway so I'm cool with continuing the trend.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info - I kind of regret getting the heads now. ;( But I did, and that's that.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As long as the standard packaging keeps coming out along with the heads, I don't care if we eventually get far enough in to see a Hans Moleman package.

...actually, I'd buy that instead of the standard packaging.

But what I really want to see is the seasons released in a timely fashion. Yeah, commentaries on all the episodes is nice, but if it slows down the release of the seasons, I can live without 'em. If nothing else, just put commentaries on selected, or fan favorite episodes.

But it's nice to hear season 11 is coming.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Actually, commentaries on all episodes give them a chance to rationalize all-time turkeys like "Kill the Alligator and Run".

Most of them I don't listen to unless it's a classic (or controversial) episode. It's like watching the show with a laugh track.

This is still good news.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm in. Obviously. Give them to me in a paper bag. Doesn't matter much. :D

I am bummed we won't see two releases this year, but hey...I've got tons of other stuff to keep me busy. I never doubted Fox was coming with a set this year; this is a huge money maker for them.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm a completist so I'll be sticking with the show until the very end but the episodes that I LOVE are all out on DVD now. There's some really terrible episodes in S11 (and especially S12) and I'm much more interested in hearing what they have to say about those episodes than the episodes themselves so I'd rather wait for commentaries than speed up the releases.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This is the last season I intend to buy. 2000, to me, is the latest date at which it should have ended. The number of post-2000 episodes I consider worthy of purchase could fit on one disc.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I thought The Simpsons' slump began with this season and ended with season 12, before having about three strong seasons. Some of the very recent episodes have been better but I haven't liked many episodes from seasons 16-18.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I was gonna say, as tired as the "The Simpsons is no longer good" complaints are, I'm shocked that someone would opt for this season if they weren't intending to complete the collection. The first will always remain my least favorite, but seasons 11 and 12 are probably the nadir of the series.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don't have very many problems with season 11. I think there are some pretty good episodes. Such as the Tomacco one, the one where Lisa runs the house and tricks Bart and Homer into thinking they have Leprosy, the one where Moe has plasitic surgery to become handsome. Even widely despised episodes such as Saddlesore Galacta have grown on me to some extent
"Your horse must lose!"
"What if I refuse to lose?"
"We'll eat your brain!"
"MY HORSE MUST LOOOOOSSSSSEEEEE!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks