What's new

The Simpsons S20 Coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
According to tvshowsondvd.com Fox will be releasing The Simpsons S20 as the next DVD set. No official release date has been announced, but Fox released the cover art: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Simpsons-Season-20-DVD-Blu-ray/12796

It should be noted that S20 was the first HD season (partially through the season actually). I never thought Fox would release later seasons so early! I do hope they continue to release the older seasons in chronological order as well (S13 and up).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I just hope that Fox doesn't alter the aspect ratio for the first half (or so) of the season that isn't supposed to be in widescreen. Since Groening and company are always involved with the DVDs, I think it should be OK.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I also hope they don't do pan-and-scan for the HD episodes on the DVD version--but yeah, I don't think it'll be an issue.

Anyway, I think it's a cool idea--for some reason I'm more excited than I would be for season 13 even though I've seen almost every episode of S20 and only a few from 13.

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Would anyone be opposed to FOX releasing two seasons a year again? They could release S13, or whatever the next season would be, in the spring and the current finishing season in the fall like most series do in time for the season premier. We would play catch up pretty fast imo, and I would be greatful.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'd like to see three... Two classic, and the current season.

And if it would get the seasons out quicker, I could live with commentary on "key episodes" only. I mean, if the recording of those is responsible for holding the seasons up, I could live without 'em.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by chadHobbick

Would anyone be opposed to FOX releasing two seasons a year again? They could release S13, or whatever the next season would be, in the spring and the current finishing season in the fall like most series do in time for the season premier. We would play catch up pretty fast imo, and I would be greatful.
You wouldn't really be playing catch-up that way. Releasing only one non-current season a year would still take 7 years to complete up to season 20. But, make no mistake, I am all in favor of more than one season being released per year. I like the idea of an old season on DVD and a new one on Blu-Ray every year (til the show ends).

Also, it is worth noting that season 20 is also planned as a Blu-Ray release.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Until a year-or-so ago, there WERE two SIMPSONS releases per year.

Why not return to that practice? Release S13 AND S20 in 2010... S14 and S21 in 2011, etc.

This way, some of us "older folk" will live to see them all!

David Levine

Supporting Actor
I'm sure that's exactly what they'll do. release one set in the summer and one in the winter.

The reason they are releasing Season 20 now is because its the first HD season and they really want to get Blu-Ray product out there.

But they won't slow down the older series because they are still, far and away, some of the very best selling TV DVDs ever.

Originally Posted by Joe Tor1 /forum/thread/293893/the-simpsons-s20-coming-to-dvd#post_3617331
/forum/thread/293893/the-simpsons-s20-coming-to-dvd#post_3617331

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am looking forward S13 release, because it has the simpsons in brazil and going to Canada. Those are the funniest seasons.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I too want the series back on a two-set release each year. I'll happily buy the BD of S20, but I have no doubt the rest of the series will be released as well--it's just a matter of time. As for S13, I remember the Canadian media in a frenzy over the Canada episode when it originally aired, but 10 minutes of hackneyed stereotypes was very disappointing (the curling bit was funny). Perhaps the Vancouver 2010 Olympics episode will be funnier.

Real Name
james
Its a good news for me,I really admire the work put in by Mat Groening in the simsons and in the futurama series as well.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
The Digital Bits reports that Fox will be releasing S20 on BD and DVD on Jan 12! That's only five months since the S12 release, so maybe Fox has returned to a more timely release schedule.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I NEVER thought I'd be saying this about a Simpsons set, but...I LOVE the box art for season 20!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks