What's new

The Simpsons - 5/18/03 - Bart Of War (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"Justice? But the only thing our court system is good at is telling women what to do with their bodies." ;)

Paul>Wh

Agent
Let's not forget the part where they fired back at South Park by saying something about it only being their 43rd show or something like that. Definitely a shot back after the Simpsons did it episode. Now I just can't wait for their response!!! :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Another classic Ralph moment:

"Will you be my mommie?"

"You smell like dead bunnies!"

I also loved the whole scene with Bart & Milhouse in Flanders' Beatles room.

Pretty good episode, overall.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Maybe I'm missing something but I saw that South Park Episode and didn't really see it as a rip on the Simpsons, unless you count them pointing out the Simpsons having so many episodes that they have done everything as a rip, but I don't see how that would be much of a zing. Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture, because it's pretty obvious that Parker and Stone have some knowledge of the Simpsons because they gave some pretty specific referneces, almost as if they are fans

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think it could be considered a rip by implying that "The Simpsons" has covered every conceivable plot, that the current and future episodes are simply recycling what has been done before and, therefore, unnecessary and superfluous.

Basically saying "The Simpsons" has done everything, why are they still on the air?

StephenA

Screenwriter
I also liked when Ralph said "I'm a rock." Craig. Ralph is is funny. I actually liked both of the episodes last night, which I can't say about alot of this season's episodes.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I never saw the South Park episode as a rip, either. It was almost an homage - unless, of course, they really were implying that any further episodes of the Simpsons were just recycled plots.

Regardless, a possible response from South Park would be funny.

Ike

Screenwriter
Nor was it on target.
I like South Park, but yes it was. Come on-the farting cripple who craps out OJ. That's very on target. Yeah, they left out the political satire, but they weren't trying to make it look good.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
I am ashamed to ask this, but...
who was the 4th kid on the Cavalry Kids? There was Jimbo, Ralph, Milhouse and...???... a short kid that looked kinda familiar.
Can anyone refresh my memory as to who the character was? Thanks.

Overall, 2 very good new episodes in one night!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Those two episodes were both very good.

"Well, we learned that war isn't the answer"
"Except to all of America's problems!"
"Amen!"

:D

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I am ashamed to ask this, but...
who was the 4th kid on the Cavalry Kids? There was Jimbo, Ralph, Milhouse and...???... a short kid that looked kinda familiar.
Can anyone refresh my memory as to who the character was? Thanks.
I didn't recognize him at all, actually. He looked Asian.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Actually, Ralph was a part of the Pre-teen Braves, Martin was a part of the Cavalry Kids. But still, don't be ashamed about the fourth kid. I have no idea who he is either, and I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable Simpsons fan as far as recognition goes. But he looks familiar...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks