What's new

The Simpsons 5/1 Back-to-back (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The first episode was great and the second was good.

"Three weeks later..." That was simply awesome!

~T

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I agree, the first episode was much stronger than the second, but they were both pretty solid episodes. In any case, "The Simpsons" is enjoying a second wind and blowing the competition away. Fox's inaugural "Animation Domination" night wasn't very dominating, to say the least. Practically anything is going to be disappointing after "The Simpsons" but the hour of Seth MacFarlane-produced shows that followed was just plain embarrassing. Here's to 350 more episodes of real "Animation Domination".

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I agree with Thi, but I felt the Family Guy episode was better than the 2nd Simpsons episode.

I'll hold off on determining if the Simpsons are having a second wind. 1 great and 1 good episode at the beginning of the season are not enough to make that kind of determination. But here's hoping for the best.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I thought these episodes were as good as the last 150 or so episodes of The Simpsons. Take that as you want:)

But to keep it positive, in the first episode the sign for Krusty-Os (I think that's what it was) was hilarious. 'It's like having birthday cake for breakfast!"

And I thought the second episode was way better than the first. It had the great gag with the picture of Itchy in bed with Scratchy's wife. That cracked me up. That and Lisa reading the ingredients "...partially deweaponized plutonium..."

And despite Fox's PR department says, these were the 351st and 352nd episodes. :)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Goodness Bill, it isn't enough to break wind in 99% of the FG threads but you have to drag your opinion of Family Guy into the Simpsons threads too?

Ok, we all get it, you have a problem with Seth McFarlane. Please, for the sake of the forum, give it a rest?

-V

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
The 2nd episode was more of a social commentary, so it was hard to be funny because it's true, but sad situation regarding junk foods sold in public schools.
The scene I like is the youth hostel where they make Homer sing "99 Luftballoons" !

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
The takeoff on the opening sequence with fat Bart on his skateboard was hilarious.

Rob

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The funny thing is that if someone watching the show was young enough, they might not remember that opening. How long has it been since they actually played the full opening? Five years? Maybe almost ten? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks