The Simpsons 4/21

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RossTerry, Apr 21, 2002.

1. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

im surprised noone else has said anything...another clip show

it was average compared to the other clip shows (better than the all singing one)

but the song at the end was great...ran through many past episodes even as recent as the post somking one with Homer

in the end, they even apologized about the clip show and said they had many more years of stories to go

2. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

I thought tonight's episode was absolutely awful.

A bad clip show comprised of quite a few bad clips from some bad Simpsons episodes.

In fact, the three words that came to mind after tonight's episode were: worst episode ever.

Our UPN affiliate has been playing a lot of the classic Simpsons episodes recently, and contrasting the new stuff with the best of the old stuff is really disheartening.

3. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

4. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

It was pretty lame. Makes the spin off episode look good. But the song was funny. Good thing they put it at the end.

jeremy

5. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    This episode never happened, as far as I'm concerned.

6. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

The show's fine by me as long as it was all a set up for the end song. The song and the clip of Homer jumping a shark had me rolling.

7. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

It wasn't a great episode but it had some funny moments.

The Forest Plump line

The feather in Homer's eye

Moe as Austin Powers

The Imperial March playing when Burns went to the podium

The end song

Homer jumping the shark

-Dean-

8. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I'm convinced that the creators of the Simpsons are playing a game called, "How Long Can We Keep A Show On The Air?" Last night, they basically told it to us point blank.

If they are admitting that the show got weak, why keep going with it?

9. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I enjoyed the beginning of the show but since it turned into a clip show it began failing after that. I believe it was a show they just wanted to throw together and when the aliens appeared in the show, more than likely it was a show that didn't happen in the life of the simpsons, comapring it to a Halloween special, but not the quality of a Halloween special. The end song was great, but i want to throw this out. During the Maggie remberance scene's, when Maggie says "Daddy" the voice sounded much different then Elizabeth Taylor voice over. She is still credited in the credits with the voice over though. I say this because, that episode of the Simpsons just ran a couple weeks ago and i remember the voice being higher pitched and the voice last nite was lower pitched.

Paul

10. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I only saw about 5-10 minutes of the show last night b/c I was watching the Red Wing game but one clip I saw that was just too funny was......

When Homer was going to ditch the car in the ocean and as Homer jumped out of the car and started rolling he rolled right back into the drivers seat. That was freaking funny.

11. MickeS

MickeS Producer

It was a clip show, they're never any good, in any series I've ever seen. I don't even understand why they bother to make them.
    That said, there were a few funny moments, like the Imperial march playing when Burns got up om stage, and the song at the end. I was acually happy to hear them sing how they have material for years and years to come. [​IMG]
    /Mike

12. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

13. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

And with Fox right now and their recent cancellations of shows, removing one of their mainstays wouldn't be any good on their part.

While I will say that this season hasn't been that memorable, it is still better than anything the other four networks are trying to offer.

14. Anthony Hom

Anthony Hom Supporting Actor

Don't they have little choice if Fox wants them to make a clip show, then they are obligated to do so?

I think the apology song and the jump the shark clip shows they know what's going on.

Matt Groening has little input in the show, except for final approval of an episode. He knows they will be making a Simpsons movie at one point, but the question is when (i.e., it will happen).

15. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

16. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

Here's the story on the clip shows, from the Simpsons FAQ at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/tv/simpsons/faq/:

17. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

It had its moments. Looking foward to the "Hulk" episode.

18. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

I think this season has been excellent all around. The Homer/Pot episode was hilarious.

19. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

I missed taping that friggin episode because my friends came over and wanted to play NBA Street and I forgot to start taping after I stopped taping Futurama. Damn King of the Hill and Malcolm in the Middle stealing Futurama's timeslot. [​IMG] Hope they play this episode sometime soon so I can catch up with my collection. Fox needs to get a hurry on the season dvds or we might never see the more recent seasons until HD-DVD.