What's new

The Simpsons 11/10/02 The Simpsons.. (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It seemed like a preemptive apology for that episode. Act I was fairly good, but acts II and III were almost bad enough to pass for "Malcolm in the Middle." There was virtually no point to that episode. An episode centering more on Homer's comments on "Taxicab Confessions" would have been more entertaining.

Mike Scully wrote this episode and was credited as executive producer. I was hoping he was bounced off the staff considering the lackluster (by this show's standards) 12th season, and the fact that he allowed Britney Spears, Nsync and two "Friends" cast members to guest star. And I am one of those who did not automatically hate all episodes from the other seasons he was EP.

I thought Al Jean was the head EP starting a few episodes into last season.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Homer got his legs bitten off too! :laugh:
Not a bad episode. A few laughs here and there. A especially liked Keith Richards' "Escaping to the Limo" class.

R

RossTerry

yeah, a few good gags, the first act was solid

i could do without the constant celebrity appearances

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It seemed like a preemptive apology for that episode. Act I was fairly good, but acts II and III were almost bad enough to pass for "Malcolm in the Middle." There was virtually no point to that episode. An episode centering more on Homer's comments on "Taxicab Confessions" would have been more entertaining.
I agree with everything you said except for the needless Malcolm barb, which has easily been better week after week than anything the Simpsons has put out in years.

Personally, I think they should just drop the guest stars; it's only hampering the show. Let the show go out with a bit of dignity, atleast.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Personally, I think they should just drop the guest stars; it's only hampering the show. Let the show go out with a bit of dignity, atleast.
Well, if they did that they might actually have to make up clever "plots" and "stories", instead of having one of the main characters react to the latest celebrity to roll into Springfield. The reliance this show has built on guest stars over the past couple years is just sad.
"See how many celebrities we can animate in a given season" isnt good for anything. The shows steam is gone, and trying to replace it with "special guests" is only making the show worse.
If the best joke you can come up with is Marge repeating "Did I say that right?", Matt, please stop listening to your wallet and have the dignity to say no the next time Fox tries to renew The Simpsons for another season.
JQ

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I actually thought it was funny, but only thanks to Homer, Elcis Costello and Keith Richards. I couldn't help think though that Homer complaining about never fulfilling his rock-star dreams seemed a little odd considering his previous success as a barbershop artist and human cannonball-receiver, when he easily could have transferred that fame into a rock career, I'm sure. :)
/Mike

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I agree with everything you said except for the needless Malcolm barb, which has easily been better week after week than anything the Simpsons has put out in years.
I don't know whether you're praising that show or insulting The Simpsons.
My Fox affiliate must not be showing the same program you are watching. ;)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Just once I want to hear one of the passengers on HBO's Taxicab Confessions say what Homer said, "How'd you get such a crappy job? You a convict or a junkie?" :laugh:
It was great to hear the Stones' Rip This Joint over the end credits. I hadn't heard it in a while and it made me go pull out my Made In The Shade CD. :)
Rob

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
A rather weak episode, but a few stray chuckles.
Count me among those who are weary of 'star-studded' episodes. Get back to the important characters...
...like Ralphie...and Smithers! ;)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I agree with the above comments. They could have done a lot more with the rock camp setting, at least get some better jokes out of it. A missed opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks