What's new

The Simpsons 11/09/03 (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Funny moments, but a bland episode overall.

Personally, I wish they didn't do this episode because it killed the sincerity and emotion of the previous mother episode.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I didn't much care for tonight's Simpsons episode. The antics of Homer are becoming overkill, ok, we know Homer's not quite all there you don't need to remind us of that fact every act.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed it a lot. One scene had me laughing really long and hard, Homer's letter to "Die Hard". "PS. Do you know Mad Max?"

:laugh:

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Quite bizzare. Not sure if I liked it.

Noticed, tho, that we didn't get a blackboard scene from Bart. What's the deal with that? I know for the repeats they don't do it, but they usually do for new episodes...

Jason

Daniel J.S.

Stunt Coordinator
^^^Basically, networks have been adding more commercials over the years, making the shows shorter. They simply don't have time for the full opening any more, which is why you don't see blackboard gags or Lisa's sax solos. It's also why there's never a framing device for the Halloween shows anymore.

Anyway, I liked this episode, which is no surprise, since I found last season quite strong for the most part (the first few eps of the new season are always holdovers from the previous season). It still wasn't up to the level of the 4th and 5th seasons, but it was fine. The one thing I found hard to believe was that Homer would be able to decode the subliminal messages. I guess Mother Simpson didn't get the hint from her last visit that Homer was a pretty low-watt bulb.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Also, the local Fox station here has started to squeeze even more ads into "The Simpsons" by starting it earlier and ending it later. I always Tivo it, and the recording starts in the middle of the first commercial, and ends right in the beginning of the end credits. They start it about 1 minute early and end it 1 minute late.

Really annoying.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
MickeS-
If they start it one minute earlier and end it one minute later then doesnt that mean its still the same lenght? 7:00-7:30 = 30 minutes, 7:01-7:31 = 30 minutes. They just have a different set time.

For the most I thought this episode was above average with current episodes. It sure was a hell lot better than last week's horrible Treehouse of Horror Episode. The scene where he wrote to movies was pretty funny.

L8rz,
Deepak Jr.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I thought the second "headline" he did was hilarious.

"Drought Threatens To Turn West Into Desert (pronounced dessert)! Yum, yum! I think I'd like to put whipped cream on my Wyoming."

I think it was because he rubbed his belly when he said "Yum, yum" that made it so funny to me.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
If they start it one minute earlier and end it one minute later then doesnt that mean its still the same lenght? 7:00-7:30 = 30 minutes, 7:01-7:31 = 30 minutes. They just have a different set time.
One minute EARLIER. 6:59-7:31 = 32 minutes

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I like when Homer kicked over Grimey's grave. I just always like reference humor for some reason. Especially when I get the reference. :D

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
"Local villian Montgomery Burns shown terrorizing children in this 19th century wood carving."

That made me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks