What's new

The Simpsons - 03/16/03 (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Another decent, but not great, episode. Maggie dancing to Marge's mix was the only laugh I got out of it, but Lenny and Carl's plutonium duel was pretty good too. The episode felt really compressed at the end, anyone else agree?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Maggie's boogie to "Sex Bomb" was hilarious. Plus, Homer's assistant offering to take care of a bunch of paperwork "if you'll stop staring at my boobs."

Homer: "No deal!" :laugh:

Ike

Screenwriter
The episode felt really compressed at the end, anyone else agree?
They made a joke about that. The barbecue sign, remember? Again, the Simpsons is still batting high, and this was a good show.

"That's a printer port, not a finger hole!" or something to that effect.

Edit: I missed the first three minutes-when you say Maggie was dancing to Sex Bomb, do you mean the Flipper song, or something else?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
but Lenny and Carl's plutonium duel was pretty good too.
Yeah, that was pretty funny. There's another Lucas reference: the American Grafitti spoof in the Itchy and Scratchy cartoon.

Also, did anyone think that the motivational instructor was a reference to Alec Baldwin's character in Glengarry Glen Ross?

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
overall, solid, but not great episode

A few memorable moments:
Instructor: "[referring to Bentley].....they made one for Spielberg, one for me, and then killed the builder"

Lenny: "Boy, I'd hate to be a member of that union (something close anyway)"

hahhaha, that just killed me

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Who was the voice of the inspirational speaker. Sounded like William Fichtner to me, but I didn't catch the credits.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
The first half of the show was good, but somewhere in the middle of act 2 it just fell apart and was hurried along for a conclusion.

Still love The Simpsons!

Paul

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I think the voice of the inspirational speaker was just another Hank Azaria creation.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought the episode was ok. Got a few chuckes. I liked the Lenny and Carl battle and the scene in the class I thought was funny. It was better than the one with Krusty as a congressman, but overall, I think the last couple of weeks have been off. I know alot of people liked the one with Krusty, but somehow I get the feeling that the episode played better to Democrats because it seemed to poke at Republicans.

I must admit I empathiezed with Homer, my girlfriend has a similar Falling asleep as soon a she hits a bed problem

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Thought it was another great episode following the strong episode last week. Good to see Itchy and Scratchy again:
Scratchy: Buddy Holly? Richie Valens? The Big Bopper? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :laugh:
And Dr. Hibert's refusal to chuckle was priceless.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Face time with sweet lady brick. Another priceless quote from the Simpsons. :D

BTW, I was watching a rerun of The Simpsons in which Homer smokes medicinal marijauna. What's the name of the song that Phish sings during their concert?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks