What's new

The Simple Life ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I liked it. It shows that all the money in the world can't buy you class. I liked the opening interview with Nicole:

"My friends told me that they didn't think I could last on a farm, so I told them 'F--- [blurred and bleeped out] off!"

I heard the season was cut short because the family caught them doing coke and booted them out. Anyone else hear this?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I heard the season was cut short because the family caught them doing coke and booted them out. Anyone else hear this?
Have not heard this, but it wouldn't surprise me. We know Nicole Ritchie ended up in rehab for, I believe, Heroin abuse. Also, and call it aspersion casting if you must, but I would have a hard time believing that Paris does not snort mountains of coccaine. But, if it was true about the show, it probably would have surfaced all over the place. I do know that after Paris' sex tape came out, she requested that parts be cut out of the show revolving aroung them being "out on the town" which Fox did. So there is probably some good whoring that we won't get to see.

I hope at the end of this show they will do a "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" style character update on Paris and Nicole.

Nicole Ritchie: Went to rehab for Heroin Abuse

Paris Hilton: Starred in a Sex Tape with former boyfriend at the age of 19, more on the way, possibly.

But, I know they won't do it

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I loved that they had to blur Paris's Ass crack since her pants were so low.
The SF chronicle TV critic said fox was not excited about the show until the video came out.
He said Fox's biggest worry was Paris not wearing underwear.
No worry now!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Did the girls do a turn on Oprah? I seem to recall Paris commenting about having to work in a McDonald's or something.

I did find this entertaining and found their behavior more like immature, early teens than outright snobby bitches, which is sad in its own way because they're in their early 20s.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I have two theories about the well. First, maybe it gets so cold there that they have the well inside so they don't freeze their jumblies off getting water. Second theory, they built the room specifically for the girls and the show. Only available spot was over the well which used to be right out back door.

I'll watch the show a few more times but generally...meh.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I really hate all of the reality shows, but this one I liked! It was a total riot!

I had it understood that the room they were in had just been built, and was not yet finished, and then thought that moving a well to inside the house by making the house bigger would be a cool idea.

Also, this is long gone for them. It isn't December out there! I am beginning to think the tapes came out in perfect timing for the show. Food for thought?

Glenn

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I have to say that these two girls are the most disrespectful ladies I have seen in a long time.

The work they had to do on the dairy farm was childsplay and they still muck that up, and continue to defraud the boss and the soon to be drinking watered down milk consumers?!? Good lord. Then while on the job they go into his hot tub? If they aren't going to take it seriously then why do the show? They have no respect for the family, or anyone they work for or will be working for as is shown in shots of future episodes.

I'll continue watching so I can see when they finally get a taste of their own medicine. That will be priceless. :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I love how they proudly proclaim that they have never worked a day in their lives. It is especially funny when you remember the intro on the 1st episode where Paris is saying "Most people think I'm just some spoiled girl who has never worked in her life." They then go out and prove that they can't even finish a day of work filling milk bottles. I wonder if Fox showed tape to the farmer showing him the watered down milk so he wouldn't sell those bottles. And where did they get their bikinis? Did they honestly bring them to the farm? Hard to Believe. I wonder if the crew provided them. Then, they blatantly break the rules of the house. "We feel that adults should be able to do what they want, so we're going to" After they lament that they feel the head of the house doesn't like them. These two are just vile. I pray they lose all their money someday.

And with the previews

Christ, they are there what like a day or two and they are already whoring it up in town. Can't these 2 keep their tits corraled for the duration of this thing?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah it was kinda funny but I would'nt watch it regularly I think TV has become a medium where channel clickers rule because none of these new shows are worthy of more than ten minutes of your time. What am I supposed to feel empathy for these two pathetic woman? I Have to go to work tommorrow, they can continue to live off of daddy's billions. I'll wait and watch my Green Acres DVD's in January, pass the hotcakes.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Well I hate to admit that I watched this. Paris Hilton is hot in that "I-want-to-bang-the-stripper-kind-of-way", but otherwise she is downright ugly. Give that girl a cheeseburger please, she really is too skinny in the unhealthy kind of way, not the hot actress kind of way. Her side kick is boring. And both of them are stupid as hell.

The one thing that finally annoyed me a lot (there is a lot but I know it's a show) was how much primping she was doing to go out and sit with the family and friends. Damn, she was doing the runway walk in front of the mirror. I know it's probably staged or they asked her too, but even still, most normal people would think that looks ridiculous.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Reading this thread makes me want to check this show out next week, I had not given it a second thought up until now.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Damn, she was doing the runway walk in front of the mirror.
Her whole life, how she is presenting herself anyway, reminds me of Zoolander. Always doing the runway thing, the poses, the pouty lips, getting dressed up to do simple tasks. I know Zoolander was completely making fun of this lifestyle, it is quite amusing to see that it is actually true.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Are they actually going to run this up to 30 episodes? Amounting to 29 weeks? I like the show for what it is but I don't think I could watch that many eps.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I have a hard time believing that no one knows what a Wal-Mart store is. I can believe that she has never been in one, but to act like she's never even heard of it?! PLEASE. Never saw a commercial or saw them on the news? RIGHT.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
The whole show is an act, scripted and rehearsed for entertainment.

Actually, they do have jobs. Paris and her sister Nickie started their own designer bag business and they are very successful at it especially in Japan where they are treated as big celebrities. Paris has been in a couple of low budget movies and is now taking acting lessons to be a full time actress and is working on her first album.

So, what you see on the show is all scripted.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I have a hard time believing that no one knows what a Wal-Mart store is. I can believe that she has never been in one, but to act like she's never even heard of it?! PLEASE. Never saw a commercial or saw them on the news? RIGHT.
I'd never heard of Wal-Mart until I joined HTF. Of course, the chain doesn't exist in the UK. These people may be Americans, but they live in their own tiny worlds, and are probably too busy shopping, partying, and snorting coke to bother to watch adverts. As for the news, a lot of people don't follow it. Ignorance is everywhere.

If it was up to me, their in-flight movies on the plane trip to the farm would have been a double bill of Deliverance and I Spit On Your Grave. ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks